Knitting Community

Whimsymoon's Comments

Comment Wall (12 comments)

You need to be a member of Knitting Community to add comments!

Join Knitting Community

At 2:12pm on November 23, 2009, wendy said…
I am so glad the show went well. Your work is very beautiful! Nothing like putting yourself under a little pressure having another show in January! You're knitting socks? Yikes! I think you are right about the Christmas stockings, much easier and don't have to do the second one. They're just much bigger! lol Well Lullabell is one lucky monkey in my opinion. She got a dress, sweater, scarf and hat. She is much better off than Kirke is. I haven't made him anything yet. He just has a few store bought pieces of clothing. That and he borrows clothes from his human's American Girl doll. And he looks good in them too! lol

Things are going well here. Both girls are away at school, my youngest one is really loving where she is at. The oldest is swamped with tons of school work and can't wait till the semester is over. Things hopefully will slow down a bit next semester for her. Only 17 cr hours as opposed to 19 plus 3 hrs of tutoring and field placement. My DH and I have been traveling while the cats away!

I have made two more monkeys! Yes, believe it or not. The second one was a grad gift for my DD best friend. The 3rd one was for me. That was one of the things I wanted to tell you about. I used these tiny, tiny polystyrene pellets to stuff the 3rd one with - major mistake. What a mess and they came out of the knitting even though I used a nylon to put them into. I went back to the the larger pellets for part of the abdomen and used fluff for the rest of her. I just finished a cowl for a friend of my daughter's and am now making Kirke his very own Christmas stocking. It is to be a smaller version of the one I made for his human almost 19 years ago.
I really should upload some more pictures onto his facebook account. I haven't done any of that for several months. Oh that reminds me, do you mind if I post a picture of Kirke admiring Lullabell under the Mr. Foster KAL share your pictures? Yesterday I spent the better part of the day uploading pictures of him onto my Flickr acct. (something else I haven't done for several months) and came across a cute one of the two of them. But I did not want to post it without your permission. If that is not ok with you, I completely understand. So please do not feel any pressure.

I have joined way too many of the other KALs here. They are lots of fun, and very informative. But way too addicting! Some days I find myself spending too much time reading, laughing and responding to get anything else done. lol But I love it!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Wendy
ps. I hope you will post pictures of your socks when you are finished. :o)
At 9:54am on November 23, 2009, wendy said…
Hi Angela! I hope all is well with you and yours. I've been thinking of you lots lately. How did your doll show go in Oct? Do you have any new pictures of your dolls posted? What have you been working on lately? Have you finished any of Lullabell's nightclothes yet? I know, I know - I'm full of lots of questions. But it has been quite a while since I have talked to you, and I know you must have produced lots by now. Take care, Wendy
At 6:27am on June 22, 2009, Irene Soileau said…
It is the work you do in your shop that made me sit here and admire all your dolls, what great work you do, fanstic, what fun it must be for you to start another design that has been rolling around in your head, the bears are all so beautiful, Edith is very delightful, I love how she is sitting in your yarn basket, Palsknitto, Irene
At 4:40pm on June 20, 2009, Amanda Lipe said…
I looked on your website and I love Edith! If you have a chance could you please email me your changes? My email is akfrick@gmail.com. Thanks so much!
At 1:28pm on June 19, 2009, Amanda Lipe said…
I LUV her face! It looks so much more playful than the original. Did you just increase the original?
At 6:03pm on June 16, 2009, Barb said…
Hi! She's so cute! Could I get a copy of your changes?

Barb
the.momma.fox@att.net
At 9:42pm on June 12, 2009, knitterdesigner said…
I would also like a copy of those changes. I have 2 kits too but would love my Ms. Foster to be more feminine. Also, when you have pictures of the clothes for her, that would be cool. She is so darling. My Ravelry name is knitterdesigner. I will look for you there. Thanks, Sue owen.susan@comcast.net
At 4:59pm on June 12, 2009, karingbear said…
Hi, can I have a copy of the changes for Ms. Foster monkey? Thanks, Karen
karingbear@yahoo.com
At 7:41pm on June 8, 2009, soonerknitter said…
Hi, I have been following the posts and I saw your adorable mo key. I have trying to shape the head like that for my daughter but haven't had any luck. Could you be so kind as to send me your notes? I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is soonerquilter@cox.net Thanks again in advance, is
At 10:31am on June 8, 2009, Christine Sloat said…
Hi - left a post on the Mr. Foster KAL about your adorable Ms. Foster. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to share your notes about her round head? I would love to knit a Ms. Foster for my granddaughter (age 12) and get her started on knitting some clothes! (I am teaching her to knit, and I think that clothes for this cute lady monkey would be just the inspiration she needs!).
My email address is christine.sloat@gmail.com
I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks in advance!
Christine
At 8:10am on April 22, 2009, wendy said…
Hi Angela,
That is too bad as she is so adorable. Just looking at something like her at the beginning of the day would make anyone have a great day! I usually keep my labels, but while looking for a particular yarn last month, found that most had come off, so I am in no better boat than you are. Those I could match up, I put in a ziplock bag. That is what I will do in the future.

As far as the monkey in my picture goes, I did not make her. She is an old sock monkey I found in an antique store down at Miami University. My youngest collects monkeys (tons of them) and while out shopping with her sister I could not resist. I brought her home, and she has been a big hit! I need to re-size my picture though, so all of her shows, she has the cutest little hat that you can't see. But I must get some other work done first before starting to play around with that.

Lovin that little mouse of yours!
Wendy
At 6:45pm on April 21, 2009, wendy said…
Your profile picture is adorable! Did you knit her? If so, where did you get the pattern, if I may ask?
Wendy

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service