Knitting Community

Peggy Stuart's Comments

Comment Wall (484 comments)

You need to be a member of Knitting Community to add comments!

Join Knitting Community

At 6:46am on December 26, 2010, Susan the Blue Lake Knitter said…
Happy Birthday, my freidn! Have a good one!
At 4:20pm on December 16, 2010, Janet said…

yup, thought it was close.  We don't go over the road anymore.  He has a local driving job which he comes home late every night, 3 dedicated rounds to Denison Iowa about 90 miles from where we live here in Sioux City.

At 10:30pm on December 15, 2010, Janet said…

Yup Peggy, I checked with hubby and he said we went right past your road, lol.  Small world isn't it???

At 4:40pm on December 13, 2010, Janet said…

Hi Peggy, just thought I would stop and check out your blog.  I like reading what everyone else is up too.  Also, I know where Park City is in Utah.  John (hubby)_ used to regularly go through there way back when we were first married, I rode along with him for almost a year.  Have a great evening.

Janet

At 2:00pm on December 8, 2010, Holly Brown said…
Hey Peggy. I'm bothering you with yet another question. :D I couldn't help but notice the beautiful spinning wheel in your picture slide show. Could I ask where you were able to find it? It's not so easy to find one around here. I'll probably end up getting a drop spindle first until I get the hang of spinning, but it'd be nice to know where to start looking if I ever can manage to get one.
At 8:25pm on December 7, 2010, Holly Brown said…
Hahaha! I'm proud to be your hooker friend! :D Thanks!
At 7:26pm on December 6, 2010, slavetobeads said…
Thanks Peggy. Glad to be here.
At 6:52am on November 30, 2010, cherylbwaters said…
Yummy! Chocolate is my favorite! Especially when there are no calories!
At 7:13pm on October 23, 2010, anita915 said…
Hi Peggy thank you I don't know anything about spinning but I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you guys so that when I'm ready to start I shouldn't be to bad at it ....hahaha
At 8:49am on October 21, 2010, Daria Hayman said…
Working with natural dyes reminds me of a chemistry experient. The mordants, temps and ph's of your dye bath will determine the color you end up with. I like to experiment. One year I have a bumper crop of mint in my garden. I used it to make a dye bath and with some copper salt I got a rather deep pine green. And so far, it's been color fast.
At 5:53pm on October 20, 2010, Daria Hayman said…
LOL Yes, you did. My daughter moved out last July and I'm still trying to decide where to set up my craft area. Last night I clean a space in my computer/cat room for my wheel with the idea that I would get back to spinning. It's been months.

And I'm "lurking" on the dye along. I've dabbled with natural dyes. So, I'm hooked.
At 8:02pm on October 6, 2010, DeafKnitter said…
Yep, a guy in the Sping KAL. I told my wife I wanted to learn to spin, she thought I was crazy and told me it was tedious. I told her that I wouldn't devote my life to it, but it'd be a great stress reliever, I'm sure.
At 10:01am on October 6, 2010, OCD Knitter said…
I love my Jerkins Turkish drop spindle. I finally got a job so now I have less time to spin or knit. I will keep checking in with everyone though! Your projects look fantastic BTW. I love your spindles, they are beautiful.
At 11:28am on September 24, 2010, KnitterGirl39 said…
There is an idea... I do have a regular sewing machine. I like the "Let it snow" wall hanging. :) I was thinking the place mats would be simple too??
At 6:24am on September 24, 2010, KnitterGirl39 said…
That sounds dangerous! hehe
Another fiber habit, not sure my pocketbook can handle it. hehe
Maybe after my eventual move to a new place. I already have some items in my Wish List :)
At 7:23pm on September 23, 2010, KnitterGirl39 said…
I have joined the Quilt With Us on CT. Right now I'm just investigating the idea of Quilting. Thanks for replying :) I really like your quilts and the others I have seen so far on the site.
At 7:59am on September 23, 2010, KnitterGirl39 said…
I have a quilting question for you... Is there a place online for a beginner to learn the steps/process of quilting? For someone who knows how to sew with a regular sewing machine but knows nothing about quilting?
At 11:48am on September 18, 2010, Annette Johnston said…
I haven't woven anything since probably 1995 or so, Peggy, but before I sell all my weaving supplies I think I'll have to see if my poor knees and hips can still take it. I used to wake up thinking weaving and go to sleep the same way...that was before the quilting bug hit. Now that Elly S. wants photos of my blocks, I feel I have to finish at least one quilt first before I do much of anything else. And then there's this lovely new bag of fresh alpaca for me to play with... With that and finding you ladies to play with every day, my life is very full
At 5:52pm on September 12, 2010, Annette Johnston said…
Ohmigosh, Peggy, are you on QWU as well? So is Cellogirl! Looks like one passion leads to another . Do you weave as well? I think it's really interesting to see how so many young ladies are interested in spinning/dyeing/knitting. When I learned to spin, it was spinning to knit or mostly weave. I'm seriously drowning in all the fibre in this household. Anyway, glad to meet you . I'm going down to LaConner in October to QuiltFest, so have been researching where the knitting shops are from Belingham South to La Conner. Tomorrow Starting tomorrow, I'll be spending two glorious days with ELly Sienkiewicz. Amn I lucky or what?
At 7:12am on September 7, 2010, Cindy Baldwin said…
I can't wait till it's here. I'm hoping the postman will surprise me with it today, but I doubt it since yesterday was a holiday. I have one of my spindles free and waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service