Knitting Community

Norma's Comments

Comment Wall (113 comments)

You need to be a member of Knitting Community to add comments!

Join Knitting Community

At 6:09pm on April 11, 2010, MartyAZ said…
I too hate winter, now living near Phoenix, AZ. If I want snow, I go visit it in Flagstaff, which is at 8000 ft and 30 degrees colder than Phoenix. Nice to be in Flagstaff in summers though. Been a long time since I have been in Ontario. We like to visit Canada.
At 8:54am on April 11, 2010, June Swanson said…
Well I am 5' and almost as wide unfortunantly and 60 yr. old so there is not much room for growth any more. Oh well. My husband loves me just the way I am so I guess I should count my blessings. This bolero sounds really nice and yummy yarn!! I would like to som day knit a shawl for myself but I find them a bit intimidating. Maybe I will start with one in the Knitter's Almanac book by EZ. What do you think? I have to finish my sweater first. That will take me a while. Better go for now. June
At 6:20am on April 11, 2010, cherubhmm said…
Hi Norma! I am Heather! I just used cherub as my log in! I am still getting to grips with all this! I dont have a problem with people knowing who I am - I am not on the 'most wanted' list = I dont think! I see you live in Canada. A beautiful country I hear. I have been to the US and we go to Europe a lot, but it would be lovely to go exploring other countries. I do so in my mind when I am knitting!!!
At 12:37am on April 11, 2010, cherubhmm said…
Dont mind you looking at 'me' in the least! I have just started my very first 'lacy' (EASY) shawl! I am coping! BUT I decided to use some wool I had and I am not that keen on it as it is mostly acrylic. However, as it is a beginner project I will persist! As the wool supposed to be used is homespun I will have to get going on my spinning wheel - do you spin? Heather
At 3:56pm on April 10, 2010, June Swanson said…
You are lucky because having so many LYS ( local yarn stores) you have more yarns to chose from and more needles and all kinds of stuff to explore, touch and examine. If you have questions about the sweater workshop book, let me know and I will try to answer them. Well tonight I am going to bed early so I can get up for church , otherwise I would get on the pc. Hope your day went well. l sat outside on the swing and knitted on the sweater sleeve. June
At 11:05am on April 10, 2010, cherubhmm said…
Hi Norma! Thank you for your request to be a friend! Look forward to chatting to you!
At 7:06am on April 10, 2010, June Swanson said…
We only have one yarn store in town so I try to frequent it . I would hate to lose it. Thanks for answering . Lucky you. June
At 7:02am on April 10, 2010, June Swanson said…
Try this stitch on some scrap yarn and see if you can do something for summer . You can see it on the sweater on mypage . Hang in there with the weather. I hear summer in Canada is beautiful.
At 7:00am on April 10, 2010, June Swanson said…
okay, I am going to be bossy,,, if you don't have sweater workshop, go get it!!!!!! My sweater is coming out great. The turkish stitch,,,which is K1,YO, across. But you must always start out with an odd number of stitches and K1. I have started the sleeves with 4" of seed stitch and now am doing the turkish stiitch. On the sleeves , the turkish stitch is going into a spiral. It's a surprise but real cool ! The sweater workshop gives you the freedom to do what ever you wish. Get it!!!! It fits great and so easy.
At 5:38am on April 10, 2010, Susan the Blue Lake Knitter said…
Good morning, Norma. That is OK... I was getting ready to go to bed myself... I've been trying to keep a more regular schedule with respect to sleepng.. my sleep schedule of really off lately. I do not know any of the men personally... though some of the people in my town have relatives who were killed in the blast. It is an awful thing to consider that 29 men died in this explosion, just trying to earn a living. Talk to you later... I'll be out several hours today, need to run some errands. Susan
At 8:16pm on April 9, 2010, Susan the Blue Lake Knitter said…
Norma, Nice to get to know you! It's late for me, too. I'm watching the news and will go to bed shortly. The mining disaster that occurred this week, was in my local area, and we are watching about all the funerals for those 25 men... So very sad.

By the way, I'm retired too. Retired at the beginning of 2009... kinda young for that at age 58... but I'm happy with it. Talk to you soon. ♥s
At 8:06pm on April 9, 2010, wendy manning said…
hello Norma

no our weather does not get as cold as you do I think -11C is the coldest we have got but that does not happen often -6 C or so at night. we some times get snow but agian not like you .
I will be knitting and spinning in the cold weather.
have fun wendy
At 7:56pm on April 9, 2010, Susan the Blue Lake Knitter said…
Norma, Thanks for the friends request, if you ever need anything, I'm usually around somewhere, and I love to help new people to the community. ♥s
At 7:12pm on April 9, 2010, cherylbwaters said…
Norma, we were all new to the site at one time. So don't feel bad about asking questions on how to use the site as well as knitting questions. ♥c
At 6:46pm on April 9, 2010, cherylbwaters said…
Norma, welcome to this group. Let us know if you need any other help. ♥c
At 6:18pm on April 9, 2010, may assaf said…
Hi Norma.. How are you? i am from Lebanon and i go there every year. it is a very beautiful country and has very nice weather. Me too i don't know french hehehe. but this is its name. it is very beautiful and different. i did all kind of knitting but is so beautiful. if i can explain it . it is when you but a plain piece of matterial and under it you put a design and you put the design on the matterial by needle and string. then you fill each part alone. i will try to take pictures and put it on your profile after. my daughter will help me do this . i used to go every year to England twice and i used to stay in london . i used to work with airline and we used to go there for vacation. it is a nice country. talk to you later bye
At 3:58pm on April 9, 2010, Muffy said…
Hi Norma, Still in pain but ok as long as I can still knit. The sweater has come to a full stop while I was finishing a charity shop jumper I found. It was a handknit jumper with a polo neck. Was knitted like it is in patches all joined together in lots of colours and different stitches. I feel in love with it, but the problem was it was to tight as a jumper. SO I machined up the front and round the neck. Cut the polo off and then cut up the front (steeked it) then I picked up new stitches all the way round up the front, round the neck and down the other side. Knitted a few rows in Garter stitch cast of with an I-cord sewed on a button and voila I have a cardigan.
You will love Elisabeth Zimmermans books and they are worth every penny. They have already saved me more then they cost me.
At 7:48am on April 9, 2010, June Swanson said…
What's up Norma? It is suppose to be 60-65 and sunny today. This coming week its is suppose to be in the 70's for a 5-day stretch. I can hardly wait!! When you say miserable up there in Canada, what do you mean? Cold , rainy, or snow? Do you have very many LYS up there? I have always heard that there are a lot of knitters and its popular there. True? Our hot water heater went out and a plumber is coming to give up an estimate on a new one . Better go for now. June
At 6:43am on April 9, 2010, Peggy Stuart said…
Hi, Norma! Thanks for making me your friend! Where do you live in relation to Toronto? DS2 worked for Core Feature Animation in Toronto for a couple of years. I helped him move there and had a nice visit. He worked on Disney's "The Wild." Happy knitting! --P
At 10:23pm on April 8, 2010, wendy manning said…
hello Norma
I was forgot to say a lot about ravelry but one thing is there is also a lot of free patterns as well as ones you can buy.
what are you busy making at the moment ?
wendy

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service