Remember the Portland contest
I posted a few weeks ago? Sorry about the delay in picking a winner--we had lots of great entries, and I got sick last week, so it was a double whammy. We had so many awesome ideas suggested that we ended up choosing the top 10 entries and then drawing a random one from those. The lucky winner is Gwyneth who posted the following suggestions:
1. The Armory Theater in the Pearl District
2. Pix Patisserie on SE Division
3. If you can do outdoors, the Beverly Cleary statues in Grant Park
4. New Seasons or Whole Foods, esp produce sections
5. Bridgeport Brewery in the Pearl District, if you want to start a brewery series
6. Ecotrust Building in the Pearl District -- bonus: get pizza at Hot Lips
7. Ace Hotel and its tenants: Clyde Common, Stumptown, Kenny & Zukes and the Cleaners event space
8. Again, if you can do outdoors, the food carts at SW 10th and Alder
9. Central Library
10. Contemporary Craft Museum
All great ideas! Thanks, Gwyneth, and thanks to all the other Portlanders who made suggestions. We'll be reviewing your ideas each time we get ready to plan a location shoot for the catalog.
PS: Sorry to leave non-Portlanders out of this one, but we are located in Portland, and we just don't have the budget to travel for our humble catalog shoots. As much as I would love to go to the Midwest or the East Coast or, I don't know, Venice
, I think I'd have a little trouble convincing Bob to go along with it!