So there it sat, for a few months, my ugly pink yarn with the white stripes. I must have been bored one day because I got out my foam brush, spray bottle and purple dye** and started painting. Rachelle saw the yarn and loved it. When dyed multi hues, the yarn really didn’t look too bad. The flaws just didn’t glare out at you anymore. I came up with three shades, light, mid-tone, and dark. This was a good initial decision because over the next several months, I would have to come back and re-dye, re-dye, and re-dye. In retrospect, this probably was not the best-planed project.
* I have been using the same pink dye forever. It is 608 Pink (Primary) from Jacquard. These are the dyes that I first started using. It is an acid dye, good for protein fibers. Jacquard is a good dye for beginners. Vinegar is it’s only requirement. Although, I have changed over to a different brand, I keep this one around. I just like the color. Use intensely, it is a great deep red-violet. Used sparingly, it creates perfect ranges of pink. I love it as an under-base for violet.