I finally finished my Karin Tote! The knitting part was super easy and didn't take a whole lot of time, but the sewing... oh, the sewing. My mother has tried to teach me how to sew several times, and all of them end in disaster. For some reason I can knit teensy weensy yarn on teensy weensy needles for hours, but sewing is just too tedious and picky for me. I guess it doesn't help that I don't own a sewing machine either... Anyway, after days of staring down my fabric and making some *kind of* thought out incisions, I got to the point where I could no longer avoid the physical act of sewing. But I did! I went out and bought some handy dandy fusible tape stuff and it saved my life (for awhile, anyway). Once I had the lining all fused together, however, I realized I would still have to sew it into the outer shell because it's *knitting* and it doesn't iron well. Damn. I searched high and low on ravelry to find a way to stick the lining to the bag without sewing and came up empty-handed. After some more frantic searching, I found a really cool way of sewing the lining in so that it would stretch around and not tear out of the bag easily. http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2008/05/best-way-to-attach-lining-... 'twas here that I found my salvation. So, yes, I believe some pictures are in order!
Und, zee inside:
somehow, all of my purse stuff jumped in when I wasn't looking...