I told them they had kept me waiting so long, I finished a sock. Fortunately, they all have a sense of humor. The yarn is KP's Stroll Lullaby Hand-Painted. I'm using a pattern of K2, P2 one rnd, K all sts in second rnd. These two rnds are repeated to make the pattern. This pattern breaks up the color a bit and reduces pooling (places where there are globs of all the same color). I'm ready to turn the heel of the second sock now.
I'm almost done with the little bee pattern on the sleeves of Daphne's Bees' Knees Cardi. I need to have it finished by mid October, so I can deliver it to her in person when we visit.
I also CO a dish cloth in Dishie Pomegranite. The first one is finished and the second one is about half done. It will be done by the time you read this. I can make three of these out of a ball of Dishie.
One thing I have learned about dishcloths: Don't use a color like beige that can look dirty even before you use it. Very unappetizing! This red should always look good, though, and it goes with my kitchen!
Speaking of red, Julie (Mountaintop Quilting, firstname.lastname@example.org) finished the machine quilting on DGD1's quilt. Here it is on her long-arm quilting machine:
As soon as I got it back, I put the binding on and washed it in hot water. I had tested the fabric ahead of time to see if it would run, but I threw in three Color Catchers®, just in case, because I wasn't sure if the Chinese red backing fabric would run. The color-magnet sheets did turn pink, so it was probably good I used them. Nothing ran on the quilt though.
To show off the quilting, I laid out the quilt on the dining room table when the sun was shining in. Here's a closeup.
The fabrics for the top are all batiks from Connecting Threads. A fairly complete list of the actual fabrics used in the top is in my blog post from two weeks ago.
Here's what it looks like on a bed:
Here's a look at the binding and backing. (I took lots of photos of this quilt, because I'm giving this one up soon!)
As I write this, the label fabric is drying. I soak white quilting fabric in Bubble Jet Set 2000. When it's dry, I iron it to the shiny side of freezer paper, then cut it to 8 1/2 x 11". DH will print it for me using his printer.
We expect to be leaving Thursday to drive to San Diego for DH's high school's party for everyone who is turning 70 this year. Next week's blog may be nonexistent. However, I'm planning a blog post to explain how I add photos to comments, blog posts and PMs on the Ning websites using my iPad, so readers from Knit Picks Knitting Community and Connecting Threads Quilt With Us who are posting from mobile devices will know how to do it. Maybe that will run instead of my usual blog post.
What's on my needles: Dishcloth (probably #3 by now), Bees' Knees Cardi and Lullaby Sock 2.
What's on my wheel: Plying the sapphire blue merino singles.
What's on my iPad: Beethoven's opera, Fidelio; Alexander McCall Smith's Morality for Beautiful Girls; various podcasts.
What's my app of the week: Geo Walk, a geography app from the makers of Star Walk. If you hurry it's free through September 16th.
What's in my wine glass: Crane Lake's Zinfandel 2008, one of my favorites!
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the iPad. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, not even my MacBook, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.