I've made progress on the Brick Cardigan this week:
However, I have also been trying to get some quilting in before the Spin-in scheduled for the end of this…
It has NOT been a quiet week here. First, there were the Sundance shifts, but I had some knitting time during some of them, so here's my progress:
I'm on the first sleeve, but this photo was taken before the Super Bowl game, so it's a little further along…
I'm making use of the new LED light for my Featherweight, which is back out of its case and on the job.
The piecing of the first quilt top of the new year, "Seeing Stars," is almost done. Here's the photo…
Rocky's Sheep Sweater is finished.
I used the same pattern as the one I made for him previously, only with a different stranded pattern, using this time the sheep motif from "The March of the…Continue
Wasatch & Wool just opened up near me, about five minutes by car.
It's the first yarn shop in Park City in many years that wasn't in a corner of another store. We have had a Michael's for several years, but if you wanted…Continue
It was a great week for quilting. Common Threads met at Janet's, and we had a variety of projects.
Ellen is working on the second block for her Home Sweet Home quilt. She isn't sure if she'll make all…Continue
The first snowblowers of the season were heard Saturday morning.
Vintage Stitchers met on Thursday at Diane's. Carol brought her Kaffe Fassett quilt, ready for border:…Continue
It might have been a hare-brained scheme to make four bunnies, but I finished the third boy bunny, this one for Johan.
Here's what he looks like without his little kimono. He's wearing garter-stitch booties and soaker, actually knitted as part of the legs and body.…
My Mr. F. is moving along.
He's still headless, but at least he has arms now. They look rather flabby, though. I need to take him to Silver Sneakers with me so he can lift some weights.
Mr. F. has been a major UFO since 2009, when I got two arms and one leg done (almost) and quit. Now he's…
The quilt for Habitat for Humanity's Overall Ball fundraiser is coming along. I finished putting the blocks together with sashing, corner stones and a border.
This involved a consult with Janet and another one with Julie, as we were trying to get by with fabrics on hand. I was scrambling, but…
I had several irons in the fire this week, but the big news is, I'm coming down the home stretch on my Delectable Pathways quilt.
I got the top pretty much put together yesterday. I still have some appliqué to do on leaves that cross over seams. There are also two seams to sew, left…Continue
Chugging away on the Delectable Pathways quilt:
This is the last of three panels, and I only have two more flowers left to appliqué.
The Puyallup Socks are done and on my feet:…Continue
The stork decided that Johan Aro Stuart needed to try out his BSJ and his Horse Baby Quilt sooner than scheduled. He arrived Saturday night, four weeks early.
Even though little Johan is pre-term, he is still a good size, 6 lbs 6 oz and 18" long. Other than some…Continue
Two months into my Mary Tudor cardigan I thought I had the sleeves done, when I discovered a major oopsie while taking this photo:
Do you see it? (Sleeve cap on the left sleeve, to your right in the photo.)
The chart symbols for two of the colors are two different sizes of circles, not very…Continue
Just a few days before the first day of summer, we got a huge snowstorm.
This is the snow coming off the roof. Where we live, it's common to get snow in June, but it doesn't usually accumulate.
The storm hit on Tuesday, catching us by surprise (rain was predicted) as…Continue
The Mary Tudor is coming along.
The first sleeve is finished. I think the sleeve might be too long, but I can't tell until I block it and sew it in. Even though I started at the cuff, it's easy to lengthen or shorten a sleeve. I'll take out one round about where I want to start the cuff by cutting the…Continue
Soren's I-spy quilt arrived, and he is clearly enjoying it!
The top for the quilt for his baby brother (due in August) is almost done. Only the embroidered eye on the horse to do, and then off to the quilter.…Continue
Last week found me quilting again.
All the cutting is done and I've finished 11 of the 24 pieced blocks for BS2's baby quilt. It will have one appliqué block depicting a little horse, to represent the baby' shorthand year, "Year of the Horse." The blocks are from the quilt "Twin Stars" from …Continue
Soren's I-spy quilt is done and ready to send off:
Here's what it looked like after I got it back from Julie, who did the quilting.…Continue