I’m finally wearing my Dogwood Blossoms cardigan!
Details of my version of this cardigan are here.
Not to be outdone, Rocky is wearing…Continue
This week brought this wonderful book into my life, Tudor Roses (2013 edition) by Alice Starmore.
It's a reworking of the 1998 book of the same name, but with the sweaters…Continue
I'm really, really, trying to finish up some UFOs before starting any new projects. However, with two grandsons coming up on second birthdays, I'm under the gun to make two I-spy quilts.
This week I started cutting out 4.5" squares for both quilts. So far, I have 31 cut for each. I need 25 more. I…Continue
Have I been busy? Isn't it Labor Day? The placemats are coming along:
As always after a trip, there's lots of laundry and cleaning to do. I managed to make some progress on my appliqué project, though.
What a week! Julie brought this quilt of Barbara's to Vintage Stitchers on Thursday:
She had finished the quilting. Barbara inherited it from a friend who passed away.
Barbara also showed us this lovely confection she had just finished piecing/appliquéing.…Continue
My friends and I have been finishing things this past week. Here's Janet's latest quilt top:
We were supposed to have Vintage Stitchers at my house last Thursday, but DH is still down with a bad cold, one we would rather not share with our friends. Barbara stepped in (she was my backup in case of snow) and hosted us at her house. Ellen is back in town and brought her Hibiscus quilt top to give to Julie for quilting.…Continue
The body is almost finished. The nose is just resting on the appliqué. I have to sew it on and do the nostrils in reverse-appliqué, as I did for the eyes.…Continue
Vintage Stitchers met on Thursday out on Barbara's lovely covered patio.
Brenda had finished quilting her Hungry Caterpillar quilt. Her's the front:
But first, an update on my latest FO! I posted a photo of my finished BSJ in the comments section of my blog last week.
The yarn is Comfy Sport in "Creme Brulee" and "Ivory." Here's a closeup of the front detail. I created this detail…Continue
Before I could do that, I had to graft the shoulders. It was just like doing the toe of a sock, only more sts.
I organized my yarn stash. Here's what the sock and fingering section looks like: