On the bright side, the first appliqué block of the First Ladies Quilt, the "Martha Washington Wreath," is finished.
There will be two of these, and I have started the second one. I'm using the needleturn method. My local quilt shop, …
I've made progress on the Brick Cardigan this week:
However, I have also been trying to get some quilting in before the Spin-in scheduled for the end of this…
Ta-da! Mr. F. Is finished and waiting for his clothes.
I have one sleeve of his jammies (Union suit?) almost finished, but I've been hand-quilting, as you will see below.
However, while we're on knitting, I thought you would enjoy seeing Joanie's seal mum and…
Chugging away on the Delectable Pathways quilt:
This is the last of three panels, and I only have two more flowers left to appliqué.
The Puyallup Socks are done and on my feet:…Continue
Two months into my Mary Tudor cardigan I thought I had the sleeves done, when I discovered a major oopsie while taking this photo:
Do you see it? (Sleeve cap on the left sleeve, to your right in the photo.)
The chart symbols for two of the colors are two different sizes of circles, not very…Continue
The Mary Tudor is coming along.
The first sleeve is finished. I think the sleeve might be too long, but I can't tell until I block it and sew it in. Even though I started at the cuff, it's easy to lengthen or shorten a sleeve. I'll take out one round about where I want to start the cuff by cutting the…Continue
Soren's I-spy quilt arrived, and he is clearly enjoying it!
The top for the quilt for his baby brother (due in August) is almost done. Only the embroidered eye on the horse to do, and then off to the quilter.…Continue
Last week found me quilting again.
All the cutting is done and I've finished 11 of the 24 pieced blocks for BS2's baby quilt. It will have one appliqué block depicting a little horse, to represent the baby' shorthand year, "Year of the Horse." The blocks are from the quilt "Twin Stars" from …Continue
Soren's I-spy quilt is done and ready to send off:
Here's what it looked like after I got it back from Julie, who did the quilting.…Continue
Joanie finished the scarf and James Bond sweater for a friend expecting a baby. She dressed a moose in them and sent them off.
The pattern is the '50s Lounge Jacket from…Continue
It has been another crazy week. Besides my spring cleaning, Ellen and I got together to watch Mary Sorensen's hand-appliqué DVD.
I got out my almost-finished block. This is the cardinal design she uses in this wonderful instructional DVD. I took her…Continue
Lynda has finished her Dogwood Blossoms!
She's the first one in our group of four or so to finish it. She wore it to our Common Threads meeting on Thursday. Mine is close to finished (has been for a long time), and I plan to get it done during the Ravellenic Games.
Here is the…Continue
Last weekend was the rug weaving class with Jason Collingwood, "Four-end Blockweaves."
We met at the Officer's Club at Ft. Douglas in Salt Lake City. The class was sponsored by the Mary Meigs Atwater Weavers Guild.Continue
In Common Threads this week, we had a special meeting to view the video, "Learn to Love Needleturn" by Mary Sorensen.
We gathered at our usual start time at Janet's to have a bite to eat before the meeting. We had eight people, in spite of our first real snowstorm, with…Continue
Common Threads met at Georgette’s on Thursday. Georgette is working on her second Mother Bear Project bear:
Lynda finished her sheep baby sweater:…Continue
Joanie has finished another bear for the Mother Bear Project:
You can just see the petticoat with a picot edge peeking out from under the skirt. (Joanie is a fantastic designer.) These bears go to children who have HIV/AIDS, mostly in African…Continue
With the end of Tour de Fleece (TdF), most of the participants have moved on (or back) to other projects.
One of the projects I returned to was the pillow covers, the class project for my Craftsy class, “Floor Loom Weaving.” After the fabric was ready to take off the loom, the next step was to look…Continue
The Tour de Fleece (TdF) continues. My third “bump” of Full Circle Roving is more than half done. This is the first bobbin of "Carmel."
The second bobbin is on the wheel.
In Bunny Suit progress, the right leg is done. The left leg has been cast on and a couple of inches finished.…Continue
After the first full week of the Tour de Fleece (TdF), my second “bump” of Full Circle Roving is finished.
This was my exhausted wheel, Stanzi, a Kromski Sonata, who was ready to ply after a night’s rest. Here’s a look at my progress. (Notice she has her back to the TV.…Continue
Tour de Fleece has begun. Here’s my first finished bobbin:
If you aren’t a spinner and don’t know about the Tour de Fleece, it’s a spinning activity that coincides with the Tour de France every year. We started Saturday. The one I’m participating in is on…Continue