It's Like the Skies of Roswell! Except this is a different kind of UFO.
My Yei Figures Bag is finished except for adding the beads to the necklaces and bolos.
I decided to line it with some nice quilting fabric.…Continue
It's another week for UFOs. Janet's Sipalu Bag is finished!
Janet started this bag in 2008. She thinks of herself as a quilter, not a knitter, but she has the talent, learns new techniques quickly…Continue
The "Madison Romance" cardigan is finished:
I worked on the button loops at Diane's during Vintage Stitchers. Here is the link to my Ravelry page for the project.
Julie has been making progress on her Ladybug pullover for her granddaughter. She worked on it at Vintage…Continue
This week brought this wonderful book into my life, Tudor Roses (2013 edition) by Alice Starmore.
It's a reworking of the 1998 book of the same name, but with the sweaters…Continue
We drove through the rain this week to reach Vintage Stitchers, which met on Thursday.
We had lots of show-and-tell. Here's Carol's 1600 quilt. Here's the backing.…Continue
Now that the film festival is over, it's time for lots of snow. It's a good time to stay indoors and quilt or knit.
My "wow" for this week has to be Julie's Double Wedding Ring quilt, which she designed for her parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Julie used pillow cases for the photos because of the…Continue
Lynda has finished her Dogwood Blossoms!
She's the first one in our group of four or so to finish it. She wore it to our Common Threads meeting on Thursday. Mine is close to finished (has been for a long time), and I plan to get it done during the Ravellenic Games.
Here is the…Continue
I'm really, really, trying to finish up some UFOs before starting any new projects. However, with two grandsons coming up on second birthdays, I'm under the gun to make two I-spy quilts.
This week I started cutting out 4.5" squares for both quilts. So far, I have 31 cut for each. I need 25 more. I…Continue
I adapted the pattern Mitones Iveños from Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski. I changed the tip by using the round-toe decreases, because the thumb ended up in an awkward place. I dont know if I misread the pattern, but the thumbs stuck out at the sides instead of being on the side of…Continue
I wanted him to have a nice one for the Christmas season to replace the old acrylic sweater he had been wearing around the house in the winter. This was a quick knit, using Swish worsted in "Hollyberry." You can find the yarn …Continue