Knitting Community

BarneyCheckingGauge

Mr. F loves using my iPod to check gauge.

Comment

You need to be a member of Knitting Community to add comments!

Join Knitting Community

Comment by cherylbwaters on December 27, 2009 at 8:24pm
No, I haven't done any spinning but now I think I must. So I won't do any qiviut spinning anytime soon but I really want to try it someday. I can understand why your friend guards her jealously.
Comment by Elfcat on December 27, 2009 at 8:17pm
OMG!! I've heard that stuff is SOOO soft. I think that I'd go over the edge with you! Have you spun before?
Do you have a local supplier that has qiviut? I've a friend in Alaska that sometimes can get her hands on some, but she guards it jealously. ;) =^.^=
Comment by cherylbwaters on December 27, 2009 at 5:55pm
Elfcat, Susan the Blue Lake Knitter, and Peggy Stuart have been trying to get me to spin. In fact, I'm watching Abby Franquemont's Respect the Spindle on my iPod right now. Then today one of the knitters in the Knitting Baby Surprise Yahoo group mentioned she has some qiviut to spin. I think she said the right thing to put me over the edge — qiviut.

My iPod has become one of my best knitting friends.
Comment by Elfcat on December 27, 2009 at 4:54pm
Thanks, Cheryl! Picked it up today and took a look at all the other knitting related apps out there. There are so many! Also, thanks for mentioning the podcasts. There were a few that I hadn't heard about yet. Of course, searching got me going on spinning podcasts and such. It went downhill from there.... hee..hee! =^.^=
Comment by cherylbwaters on December 24, 2009 at 4:03pm
Elfcat, it's KnitGauge by Michael Golden. It's 99¢. It's wonderful. It was the reason I broke down and bought an iPod. (Not the only reason I bought one, but it was crowning point that sent me to the store to purchase it. Just type in "knit" at the iTunes store and scroll down to the apps. If it's not one of the first 3 shown, click "See All". There are some great knitting apps. I also have iKnit Needle Sizer by the same guy. And I also have Ewe Stash and KnitBuddy. There are different features I like about each one. I also have a PDF reader. I usually scan the patterns I'm working on. I can put it on my iPod and take it with me. I also use Book Library to keep all my knitting books, magazines and patterns listed. It's saved me a lot of money since I am notorious for buying duplicates. Kelley Petkun got me started on Awesome notes. And, of course I always have my podcasts to listen to: KP; Cast On; It's a Purl, Man; Let's Knit2gether; The Savvy Girls. And, I recently got a DVD converter so that Lucy Neatby and Abby Franquemont can be with me at all times. As well as the current mystery book I'm listening to.

Mr. Foster is really a fun pattern to do. He's the reason I became so involved in this knitting community.
Comment by Elfcat on December 24, 2009 at 10:16am
What app is that? Pls tell me, I'd love to try it for my knitting! Thx! - Elfcat =^.^=
PS-He's SO cute!
Comment by cherylbwaters on October 28, 2009 at 8:24am
He's a great knitting helper!
Comment by Carol Meissner on October 28, 2009 at 4:36am
OK, how funny is this picture!!!

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service