Knitting Community

Ask the Fairy Godknitters

Information

Ask the Fairy Godknitters

Have a knitting or crochet problem? Dropped a stitch? Not sure of a section in your pattern? Just ask your fellow fairy godknitters for help!

Members: 85
Latest Activity: on Thursday

Discussion Forum

Adjusting a sweater pattern - to make it larger and longer

Started by Mrs. K. Last reply by KnitWhich? on Thursday. 13 Replies

After spending most part of this year knitting for others (prayers shawls, things for a Christmas Care Package for one of the care homes in our community), I've decided to finally use some lovely…Continue

Knitpicks Ballwinder

Started by cherubhmm. Last reply by KnitWhich? Oct 8. 2 Replies

I'm having problems with my ballwinder. I am using it correctly and it has worked fine in the past. However, instead of winding the wool in a criss cross way as it should, it is just winding round…Continue

Needle Acquisition

Started by Peggy Stuart. Last reply by KnitWhich? Aug 17. 10 Replies

Looking for a particular needle type or size? My favorite for socks is 2.5 mm, either two circs or dpns. …Continue

Tags: nickel-plated, plastic, wood, circs, dpns

Help with Work & Shelter corner to corner wrap

Started by Pam Anderson. Last reply by Peggy Stuart Jun 8. 25 Replies

Hello, I am having trouble with this pattern. I've just added my third ball of yarn and realize there's no way this is going to be a rectangle! Pattern begins cast on 3 and builds by adding 2…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Ask the Fairy Godknitters to add comments!

Comment by Jenni Zambik on September 14, 2012 at 10:58pm

I can't remember if I already asked this one. I'm really, really new to knitting and I'm totally confused. When I go to knit, I always get that length between stitches from purl to knit. I tried using the back of the stitch like Kelley mentioned in her mittens tutorial. But it's still there (lessened but annoyingly there). I'm a tight knitter and like the smaller weights. This doesn't happen as much when I use the larger weights. I really appreciate any help I can get :) 

Comment by Janice Aitkens on September 12, 2012 at 7:41am

I do feel a discussion should be started called

Finished Items then we can add things in there that not coming under any of the other KAL or discussions

Hugs Janice

Comment by Susan the Blue Lake Knitter on September 12, 2012 at 6:59am

Only someone from Knit Picks can get a discussion started... we usually contact Jenny ( the one who started this discussion)... she would know what to do.  But there are KALs for socks, lace and shawls, and a whole lot more. 

Comment by Janice Aitkens on September 12, 2012 at 4:19am

The question still has not really been answered how do you start a new group

Hugs Janice

Comment by Janice Aitkens on September 6, 2012 at 6:01am

Yes i think we do as i started this & finished so it never has been a UFO

Hugs Janice

Comment by Susan the Blue Lake Knitter on September 6, 2012 at 5:59am

We always used the UFO KAL for that purpose.  Maybe we need another...

Comment by Janice Aitkens on September 6, 2012 at 5:52am

What i am trying to do is possible start somewhere that you can share your knitted items you finished but not in a KAL & there not a problem just to share so sort of start a new group within the site

Hugs Janice

Comment by Susan the Blue Lake Knitter on September 6, 2012 at 5:49am

This is as good a place as any... ask away!!

Comment by Janice Aitkens on September 6, 2012 at 5:35am

Will this be a discussion on knitting or in this bit

Hugs Janice

Comment by Susan the Blue Lake Knitter on September 6, 2012 at 5:33am

Janice, Right above my comment to the left is a little + (plus sign) with the words Add a Discussion... click on that and add your discussion.

Members (85)

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service