Knitting Community

Hi all,

This may be a really dumb question but I'm confused. When you do the Cardigan border, what is the "opening you have created." I understand the 6 stitches I've cast on need to be purled but do the instructions mean to go around the entire sampler? If not, what is the opening?

As you can tell from my question, I am a new knitter but I want to learn all the skills I can to get better. Incidentally, the short rows made sense to me and I do not have a hole (LOL)

Thanks,

J

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Hi J.,

Welcome to the Knitting Communtiy! I do apologize, I do not have this book or pattern available to me (it seems to have walked off!) but didn't want you to think you were being ignored! Would you be able to write out the entire instructions for that section (if it's not too long!)? I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. I hope I will be able to help you!

Stacey
Customer Service
Thanks,

The instructions in the grey box say.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cast on 6 stitiches.

Purl the 6 cast on stitiches and all the others around to the opening you have created. (Do not slip the first stitich , as it has not yet an established stitich.

Turn your work.

Work 4 rows with the Cardigan Border.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean to make the Cardigan Border all across all the the entire sampler? The pictures appear to show stockinette rather than a ribbing.

Thanks
Looky what I just found... courtesy of another Sweater Workshop Sampler veteran. A YouTube video of making that transition for the Cardigan Border!

Watch it here: http://bit.ly/dBEEDF

You're welcome. ;-)

If anyone reading this does have any issues with short rows, THE best video I've ever seen on short rows is by Cat Bordhi.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I was stuck in this exact same place, and the YouTube video was perfect.

I'm on my way again!

-- Buffy
This seems to be THE place most people get stuck! Happy to share it and pleased if it helps!
Yep - it got me right past where I was stuck. So thanks again!

I'm now on the sweatshirt pocket, but I think I understand what to do for that.

-- Buffy
I'd be happy to help, if I can, if you get stuck again... but most likely, you won't. :-)

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service