Knitting Community

Spin Along Discussions (113)

← Back to Spin Along
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Drum Carders

I asked Santa (aka DH) for a drum carder for Christmas.  He's been looking, but doesn't know what's good and what's not, and neither do I. …

Started by KnitWhich?

56 Dec 20, 2010
Reply by Peggy Stuart

What's your favorite music to spin by?

I tend to like my music on the soft side, like Crosby, Stills, Nash, Bread, any love songs. Would like to add some instrumental type music…

Started by Elaine Wenger

71 Dec 12, 2010
Reply by Peggy Stuart

Learning to spin

I want to learn how to spin my own yarn any suggestions on how to start and what i would need.  Is it really as fun as i think it is

Started by Wendy Karsen

106 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Nutty4Knitting

Which type of ply is best?

I am very new to spinning and plying. I see the navajo ply mentioned quite a bit. If I understand correctly it produces a three ply yarn. D…

Started by Elaine Wenger

80 Dec 1, 2010
Reply by Peggy Stuart

Bad Habits! Come on... fess up...

Ok, I thought of this when I was drop spinning this morning and was trying to get over my two worst:   Licking my spin control fingers... …

Started by PickleSue

83 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Peggy Stuart

What happened to the discussions entitled Questions?

It was there earlier this morning where did it go?

Started by Elaine Wenger

10 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by Peggy Stuart

A New Spindle!

Last March I bought myself a drop spindle, and some roving, with the intention of learning how to spin. I put it aside for quite some time,…

Started by Kiwi

239 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by cherylbwaters

Tips and Tricks!

Do you have any tips for spinning? Any tricks you have developed to help you with the process of spinning or plying yarn? Or in fiber prepa…

Started by Peggy Stuart

60 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by cherylbwaters

Now What Do I Do?

My husband, our house guests and I went to SAFF in Asheville, NC on Saturday.  There was so much stuff!  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera,…

Started by KnitWhich?

65 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by Peggy Stuart

100 Members Strong and Growing!

Thanks, KP. We now have 100 Spin Along members! And our 100th member is:  Deb, a/k/a Blue Lake Knitter’s Daughter, a/k/a, Susan’s daughter.…

Started by cherylbwaters

347 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by cherylbwaters

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service