Knitting Community

Post your photos here.

I'm still working on the Gaywool fiber:

Tags: fiber, spinning

Views: 20928

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you mean, but in this case, it's the bunnies' dander. So sad!

*and red eyes, sneezing and not enough kleenex!*

Kleenex is never enough when that happens!

When this starts, it is usually a one-tissue per sneeze situation. Very expensive. Since there are usually at least 10 sneezes in a row with never more than a minute in between.

Yikes!

Well, I usually use one of the soft paper towels, such as Bounty. Otherwise I can go through a box in an hour or so.

Can't you just put tubes in to divert the snot down into your stomach?

OMG, if I did that I don't think I could keep it down.

The ultimate recycling! You wouldn't need to eat!

aloha all - before i head off to bed, i thought i'd post my current Work-In-Progress spinning. it's 2 oz of Cormo that I dyed up (was supposed to be Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, but the dyes broke on me, but it still was pretty). this particular wool came from a cormo farm which lightly processed the wool into roving so there are still bits of VM, etc in it. i had to stop a lot to pull out the VM and nepps to get a smooth yarn. it's by far the finest yarn i've spun with some parts being cobweb width!

i've got another 2 ounces to spin up then will ply them together. am hoping to be done by the spin-along on the 18th so i can spin something else!

Oh, Christina, That is gorgeous... I really need to spin finer.  You did very well.

thanks Susan - and thanks for the tip about the chair. i'm going to try others around my house to see if they work. i'm thinking one with a back would help.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service