Knitting Community

This weekend I dyed a batch of Leicester Longwool that I'd had a while... the fiber looks marvelous!

This afternoon I tried spinning this long stuff!  And I mean it is long... the shortest lengths are at least 6" long... and some are evenlonger.  It wants to be spun finely... it will not go thick at all.  It was so hard to spin that I tried making a rolag and that was a little bit better, but still difficult... So I just finished carding the whole pile... well it's only 10 oz. and fits into a gallon zip lock baggie...Here is the first part of the spinning I did today... this will be a very slow process.

Views: 5358

Replies to This Discussion

That is lovely!  I love the colors.  So rustic.  She definitely has your talent and eye for lovely colors.

Thanks, Dawn.  She has taken to spinning very well. 

I love how both of them turned out - such pretty colors!

I finished spinning my Full Circle roving today from KP... I got two skeins, 150 yards, approx. worsted... here is a fair pic... the sun had set, and it was too dark outside to get a really good one.

This has a lovely looking drape Susan.  Beautiful!

Thanks Bren, that is what I was hoping for...drape.  I'll be using it for a lacey cowl... I think it will be perfect. 

Nice Susan - which colorway is this one? I haven't purchased any Full Circle - is it soft?

Christina, Yes, it is soft... at first I didn't think so, but after closer inspection, I think it will be fine next to the skin.  This is fawn... a better pic in outdoor lighting is here... the first skein I spun.

Yum!!

Oh, I love it!  It looks soft and squishy and warm.  Perfect for a cowl!

Nice :)

Here's a new one from me.  It's called Jester's Folly.  I was motivated with how quick Susan and her daughter can get a skein done in a day I was curious if I could do the same.  I'm proud to say...yes..I can.  LOL.  I started about 10:00am and worked off and on all day and managed to have it done and in a bath by about 6:00 pm.  

I don't think I'll have time to do that very often but it's nice to know that I can if I put my mind to it!!

402 yds of Fingering Weight on BFL

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service