Knitting Community

This weekend I dyed a batch of Leicester Longwool that I'd had a while... the fiber looks marvelous!

This afternoon I tried spinning this long stuff!  And I mean it is long... the shortest lengths are at least 6" long... and some are evenlonger.  It wants to be spun finely... it will not go thick at all.  It was so hard to spin that I tried making a rolag and that was a little bit better, but still difficult... So I just finished carding the whole pile... well it's only 10 oz. and fits into a gallon zip lock baggie...Here is the first part of the spinning I did today... this will be a very slow process.

Views: 5358

Replies to This Discussion

I got Christina's Windward Waters SW Merino/Silk a while back and just finished spinning it...

I tried taking pics in natural lights, but it takes away from the green, and makes it look more blue.  The inside pics are definitely the best.  Now to find a project.  I got 274 yards from 100 grams of fiber... I'm thinking this may be sport weight, though I have not checked the WPI yet... washing and blocking tonight. 

Susan my monitor is not showing any blue. It is appearing as a beautiful amazing green. I love it.

Elaine... it IS all shades of green, but when I took a pic outside it looked like this...

Well that's pretty too!  lol

Hey, Wendy, when I showed No. 4 all the yarn I have spun, he liked the one I made from your fiber the best. Just thought you'd like to know.

Well that make me feel pretty good!  Thanks for letting me know.  :o)

Amazing how drastic the difference in color is with the lighting.  They have color change drinks, jello, toys, clothing and now, thanks to Christina's talents, color changing yarn!  It looks beautiful, Susan, in any light!

That green is lovely. It is very calming to look at and I bet will be beautiful knit or crocheted up.

Beautiful!  Love the color!

A pic to share, a jacket knitted from the Alpaca/Merino tweed that I spun.

Back of the jacket

Lovely!  Turned out great!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service