Knitting Community

Attention all Spin Along members! We are doing a Virtual Spin-in beginning May 18, 2012 at 12 noon your local time until May 20, 2012 12 midnight your local time.

During this Spin-in, we are going to have a spinning swap. It is not required to participate in the swap in order to participate in the Spin-in. If you wish to participate in the swap, please send me a Personal Message with your mailing address. DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION HERE. KP IS VERY GOOD ABOUT KEEPING OUR PRIVATE INFORMATION PRIVATE. Every time we have a new member I have sent you a friend request. So if you have accepted my friend invitation, you can PM me with no problems. If you haven't accepted my friend invitation, just go to your friends list in the upper right hand side of the page and then click on Requests. Just accept my request and we should be good to go to send PMs to each other. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWAY, WHOEVER YOU ARE MATCHED WITH WILL BE GIVEN YOUR MAILING ADDRESS. The swap will be for one skein of your handspun yarn. It does not have to be the yarn you spin during the Spin-in. And if you wish to send your swap partner anything else, that is up to you but not necessary. Please note that any international members are welcome to participate so there could be international shipping charges which you could incur. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWAP, PLEASE SEND ME A PM BY MAY 12th SO I CAN MATCH PEOPLE UP FOR THE SWAP. Everyone who participates name will go into a hat. I will make a list of those participating, listing people as they send me a PM. I will draw names and list them to those participating in the order you notified me. This way it maybe that you have to send a skein of your homespun from someone different you receive a skein from. That way, I don't have to worry about an odd number of people participating.

I suggest if you participate in the Spin-in, let us know what you plan to spin and on what kind of wheel or spindle, how much you plan to spin, any new technique or new fiber you plan to use. This is not a contest and there will be no prizes. This is just a way to encourage you to keep a record for yourself.

Any questions? Post them here. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked. And remember, this is for fun and to help you improve your spinning skills. You set your own goals and no harm if you don't meet your own goals.

Tags: along, homespun, spin, spin-in, swap

Views: 5910

Replies to This Discussion

Soooo exciting Cheryl - thank you! I'm in for the spin-in and swap (I'll PM you my address).

I'll be spinning on Leialoha, my Ashford Joy wheel. Not sure what I'll be spinning yet, but I'll post as soon as I decide.

I am in California, so Pacific time zone.

Faaaabulous!!

I'm in for the spin-in and swap too (pm to come soon). 

I'll be on my Ashford Traveller spinning wheel.  Not sure yet what I'll be spinning though.

I'm in NE IL (CST) and I wont be able to start till after work on Friday, but that is ok.  :)

So far, those participating in the swap are:

1. Cheryl (cherylbwaters)
  2. Jo (knitwhich?)
  3. Susan (the Blue Lake Knitter)
  4. Julie Hartford
  5. Christina (AlohaBlu)
  6. Becky (KnitterGirl39)

As you send me PMs I will add your name to the list.

We have two more participants!

• Bren
  • Dawn Railsback

Just a reminder, you have until May 12th to sign up for the swap. May 12th is this next Saturday.

Okay, ladies, we have 9 people participating in the swap. Remember it does not have to be the fiber you spin during the Spin-In, it can be any of your handspun. The participants are as follows:

1. Cheryl (cherylbwaters)
  2. Jo (knitwhich?)
  3. Susan (the Blue Lake Knitter)
  4. Julie Hartford
  5. Christina (AlohaBlu)
  6. Becky (KnitterGirl39)
  7. Bren
  8. Dawn Railsback; and
  9. Karen Pike
Each of you will receive a PM with the address of the person you need to send some of your handspun to. No one is receiving yarn from the person they will be sending to. Unless a majority of you request to know publicly who is sending to whom, I will not post it here. I figure that it will give some suspense to it. The only requirement is that you send some of your handspun. DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO SEND ANYTHING ELSE.
Plus, if you don't see me posting a lot during the spin-in, it is because the IRS has given me notice over the weekend that we will have the priviledge of having our 2011 and 2010 returns reviewed.

Erg!  That stinks.  I will pray that they get it done and over with quickly and without any more bummer news.  

Fortunately we use Turbo Tax and purchased the audit defense. We've already contacted them. I just hate having to gather all the paperwork. We think it is because we had a business loss.

Good Luck and fingers crossed for you :)

Thanks, Becky. We now have papers everywhere!

Oh no!  How awful!  I hope all goes well.

thanks Cheryl and sorry about the review :(

Oh bleh what a pain.  I hope you all get it sorted out soon Cheryl.  Thanks for organizing all this for us!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service