There was a little talk over on the Spinning Chatter discussion, a simple query of how much yarn 'we' could produce if we all got together for a few days. Since this 'gang' of spinners is spread out all over, we aren't able to meet in one place, but we have a great idea of how to overcome the odds and accomplish the feat anyway! =) We're going to get together via KPC and Spin Away! A Virtual Spin In!
I have listed the guidelines below and have taken into account our different locations and time zones.
TIME OF SPIN IN: 12 Noon on Friday, March 25 until 12 Noon on Monday, March 28.
Each person should use these times within their own time zone! (For example: That means if you live in NY, spin from 12 Noon Friday EST to 12 Noon Monday EST.)
ETA: Each spinner should make sure to alot a full 72 hours of time! That means if you have a time change during this event, please adjust accordingly!
1) First and foremost - Lets Have Fun!!
2) Post here in this thread, or PM me (Nutty4Knitting) with your: Name - Time zone - Whether you will be using wheel or spindle.
3) Keep track of: Weight of the fiber before and after spinning (if possible) - Number of yards spun - Size of yarn spun (approximately!).
4) When you are finished post your results here by 12 Noon (your own time) on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30.
ETA: I forgot!!
5) If you can tell us how many hours you actually spent spinning, that would be great!!
PLEASE: If you aren't able to record all the 'measurements', especially the weight, don't feel that excludes you. It's just a 'trivia' thing and we would much rather have people join in the spinning than worry about not being able to measure how much they are doing. If you can at least measure yardage, we'll have a good enough idea from that.
Please, Come join us!
And to any and all who do - Welcome!!
Mine too! :)
Yay! it get to spin for my b-day :)
hehe actually it is the 8th but I always take a day off for my b-day and I will take the 10th off :)
I created a new discussion for this year's Spin-In in February. You can find it here. :)