Knitting Community

my feet ache when they get cold. even inside in winter when it is warm inside.

I want to start making some socks for myself (to start). What kind of yarn would be best? warm and dry and very soft.

also: are toe up socks easier than regular? I am a new knitter.

thanks so much!

Views: 387

Replies to This Discussion

i think it's wonderful that sock knitting = more bags for your yarn. i, personally, am a sucker for bags (some women collect shoes, i collect bags and yarn/fiber) especially cute ones that fit a skein of yarn :)

I know, right?

I love that these are upcycled sweaters.  What a great idea!  

LOL!  A challenge, huh?  Well I wasn't actually challenging you, but... ... ... :o) 

Cute little bags are always a good thing.   Here is my not so very cute little bag, and the left over yarn.  Measures 7X6.  It was a tad tight when I first had the yarn in the bag, but as you can see, it held up pretty well.  I never put the socks in the plastic bag, that would have been too much :o)  But I greatly appreciated not having the yarn roll all over the place, get dirty, or more importantly - get twisted around. 

Good luck.  I think you'll enjoy TAAT!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service