Knitting Community

Please post your finished socks here. Here are my finished Eunices. I used the Essential in Dusk and this is a great pattern. I also did a three needle bind off for the toes instead of the kitchener stitch. I am really pleased with these socks, even though in the begining I wasn't too thrilled with the color, but now I am loving these socks.

Views: 14709

Replies to This Discussion

LOL! I love it - Green Beer Day (shouldn't that be every day?) shirts!  i think once i've done a pattern all the way through then i can get through it again faster. this pair took over a month because i had to finish the custom order wedding socks first. i'm working on 2 pairs now - a new pattern and YinYang Socks in black/firecracker red. am thinking the YinYang Socks will complete faster since i'm already familiar with it. oy, but i have to complete my taxes this weekend so not sure how much knitting i fit in. . . ugh, taxes.

Every year she was in college, they (campus wide) had a different shirt designed for Green Beer Day, one in particular was hilarious.  Inspired by Dr. Seuss himself - lol.  She is now living in C-bus with her best friend, and I know they are going to be wearing their GBD shirts tomorrow when they go out to celebrate St. Patty's day. 

In regards to my question if these were hard to do, remember, I'm a sock newbie.  Only one pair under my belt so to say.  Would the soles be difficult?  Or carrying the contrasting color?  I love the looks of them, but feel intimidated by them. 

You sound like Indiana Jones - instead of "snakes, why'd it have to be snakes?"  You can say, "Taxes, why'd it have to be taxes?"  Peggy and I get to say "Math, why'd it have to be math?"  lol

actually i find the soles to be the easiest to do! it's just an alternating pattern every row so you don't have to look at a pattern. i used to use a yarn guide to do colorwork but then i found a way to hold both yarns in one hand (i'm a continental knitter). i had meant to post a blog about that so i'll try to do that soon. oh, i can also say "Math, why'd it have to be math!??" ugh, math, taxes. . . why can't it just be chocolate?

Lol!  Here is some chocolate to make you feel better why you fiddle around with the math doing your taxes.  And if this doesn't do it, I do have other goodies I can offer to you - lol!

I do know how to knit with both hands, but was wondering if it was harder to do on socks.  I learned how to knit inside out, so that would probably help, but I feel intimidated when it comes time to do the heel etc. 

One word: "O-M-G!" I think I just had a fat attack just from looking at it!

SOL!  These were delicious, but far too big for one sitting, so we got to enjoy them for a while.  Do any of these appeal to you? 

there went my diet! Good thing virtual treats are calorie-free!

OHHHH Yummy!! I gained 10 lbs just looking!!

What restaurant/bakery did you find these?

While my youngest was on spring break, we decided it was time for a long overdue family vacation.  We went to Charleston, SC.  I've been going there since 1977, but it's been 10 years since we were last there. My DH and I were  hoping a restaurant we used to frequent all those years of traveling to Charleston was still open.  We were delighted that after more than 30 years in business, they were still open.  It's called Saffron's.  The food was delicious, and our waiter was attentive and a delight. 

LOL.  And these are only but a few of their offerings.  One you may find less offensive calorie wise was the Zaatar dipping oil they offered before the meal.  Deee-licious!!!  We ended up buying a 5 # bag so we could make it here,along with the Avacado Oil they recommended. 

Uh-oh, I better get started on my taxes!

That will take some kind of discipline to stay away from your wheel!  Sounds like this would be a good year to have DH do them.  Tell him you need a break after all these years - lol!  Tell him you'll knit him something very nice with the yarn you spin if he'll do the taxes! 

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service