Knitting Community

Ask your questions here, and the designer Kerin or another knitalong member will pop in to offer assistance.

Views: 477

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Susan! I really appreciate it.
There's a note in the directions about placing a "sachet of bean bag beans" in the 'seat' if you want Mr. Foster to sit up. Has anyone done this? Did it work for you? Any advanced tips?
I make a small oval shape packet and fill it with pellets. (purchased at Michaels). Then I surround the packet with lots of fiber fill and place it inside. You'll need to sit the monkey (or bear or ...) into the preferred position and adjust the "lump" as requireded.

Hope this helps.
I absolutely adore ANY sock monkey, but at 50+, I can't justify buying one for myself. However, knitting Mr Foster may be an answer to my dilemna. I would have to keep him all to myself as a trophy. My question is: I'm not an experienced knitter, but am willing to "step out of my comfort zone". Will the Mr Foster project be too much for me?
It won't be too much - go girl.

50+ Carole
50+ Carol: We're here to help. Not to worry!
--60+ Peggy
I am way-----over 50 and I got a monkey for myself, I am slowly knitting Mr. Foster, but ordered one from the Ozarks, just love having him sitting on my side table, no question he is mine. knit happily, Irene Palsknitto
I just rreceived Mr Foster in the mail and I am confused already. I don't know what the Backwards Loop CO is. I am familiar with the long tail cast on and the knitted cast on. Can you help me with this?
Here is the backward loop cast on tutorial, including video.
What is a lifted bar increase
HERE you go knitpickers, this should help. :)
Welcome to the KAL and happy knitting!
~Susan
Got it, thanks!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service