Knitting Community

I cast on for my Offering Mitts on February 19, but several projects got in the way.  What's new?

Today I sat down and made myself work on the project most of the day.  I would say that this mitt is about 1/2 way finished.  I can probably finish it tomorrow... since I will have plenty of uninterrupted knitting time. This pic isn't perfect, but I had to do the pic in artificial light (ugh)... here is my progress so far.

I am knitting these in Palette in Bittersweet Heather, using Size 1 needles. I am pushing to finish this first mitt, because the pair are a birthday gift for my DGD1 for her 15th birthday, on April 20.  I was a bit worried, but right now, I think I can finish them in a few more days.  My problems with the pattern:  1) Lace intimidates me.  2) Using fingering weight yarn intimidates me. 3) Using a Size 1 needle intimidates me. But 4) So far the pattern has worked fine, with no big surprises.  Hope you like my mitts. ♥s

Tags: Mitts, Offering, Palette

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

Susan these mits are going to be really pretty. I understand about getting out of your comfort zone. Me too.
US size 4 are the smallest needles I am knitting on right now. I can only knit with that small a needle for a shor time before my hands start to cramp up. I admire your using size 1. I can hardly wait to see the finished product.
Pat
I just bound off the palm stitches, and am working on the back of hand decreases now. Only about 30 more rows to go! I'll post a pic as soon as I finish it. The thumb will take a bit to figure out, too... but at least there aren't a lor of stitches to knit.

I really hate anything below a size 3 - then I get nervous. --S
These are beautiful! I first thought that these were socks, then I read along. You know, this pattern would make a gorgeous sock....hmm? Dang it, now I am looking up my copy of the mag for the pattern....
Join the club--ordered it earlier today--I want every pattern I see! Oh My!!! Katherine
Just wait until you see all the other mitten patterns in the book... this is only ONE of them. They are all something that you would want to knit. --S
Great! Looking forward to getting it! KL
They would make very pretty socks! The pattern has so much nice detail. I am starting to love it! --S
It's contagious! ♥c
Ok ladies, I just finished the first of the Offering Mitts. Here are back of hand and palm views. The dark color yarn, and my poor lighting didn't help, but I edited the pics to try to show more detail I am going to crochet a ring under the center top to prevent curling of the back of hand piece.

Back of hand

Palm

Hope you like! ♥s
That came out great!!! She is going to love them!
I think they are perfect for her! I'm going to knit something else the rest of the evening to get by eyes back into adjustment... looking at that fine stitch all day has me nearly blind. Maybe I'll do a gauge swatch for my Yvette hat? ♥s
What colorway did you get? I still have not ventured into the world of Entrelac.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service