Knitting Community

Hi everyone, I just start knitting and have done a  few projects, (hats, gloves, scarfs and a simple stuffed animal) I received this kit as a gift, and I have no idea on how to even start it. I get confused right from the beginning, is it a double knit?, or is there something im missing... any little bit of help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. :o)

Views: 142

Replies to This Discussion

Darlene this is knit in garter stitch and using two strands of yarn, I looked it up and it explains it, I don't have the pattern but it looks easy I'm positive you will figure it out and it will be beautiful.

Jean

Darlene, check out the discussion page they have this listed under Impressionist Afghan and so far there are 118 replies those will help you.
I'm headed over to the discussion thread, too -- once te pattern is established it makes some sense, but I agree that the instructions do seem like you are rubbing your tummy and patting your head.  You are correct, though -- the blanket is knit with two strands of yarn through out, and the way one is dropped and then one added of the next color create the cool blend of colors.

That will be beautiful that is how they did when they had the lace shawls and I knit 3 of them.  Good Luck

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service