Knitting Community

Lace KAL Discussions (114)

← Back to Lace KAL
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Beginner Lace Knitter

I would like to try either the Diatom Shawl kit or the Season's Shawl kit, but I am new to lace knitting.  Which would you suggest starting…

Started by Mickey

17 Aug 16, 2011
Reply by cherylbwaters

Life lines: seeking suggestions from those who use them regularly.

I am doing my third lace shawl since I took up my needles again late last summer. I did the Fall/Winter one from the kit which I simply cou…

Started by Mary Brinton

46 Jul 30, 2011
Reply by cherylbwaters

aloft yarn

I am very intrigued by the Aloft Yarn, and would love to make a shawl.  How do you figure out how much yarn to buy?  I did read through the…

Started by Kathy

8 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by PickleSue

What size needs to use with Aloft

Hi. I'm new to the forums and new to Aloft. In fact, I've never knitted before with a lace weight yarn. Meaning not to offend anyone here,…

Started by Nita Beck

13 May 17, 2011
Reply by cherylbwaters

Gentle Rain Shawl

Hi all...Hope your Mothers Day was wonderful...mine was. I am "trying" to knit the Gentle Rain Shawl...and am having problems starting char…

Started by CamillaInTheDesert

3 May 8, 2011
Reply by christina | AlohaBlu

Start a new shawl for the new year?

Is there anyone who is interested in starting a new shawl, perhaps one from the Lace knitting of Estonia book????  I would love to have som…

Started by Janet

215 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by Janet

Pi Are Square Shawl

I am new to knitting lace, and I want to start the Pi Are Square Shawl from Elizabeth Zimmermann's "Knitting Around."  I want to make the v…

Started by Jody Grunwald

49 Apr 5, 2011
Reply by cherylbwaters

New Aloft! What will you do with it?

WooHoo!  I LOVE to knit with silk/mohair yarns.  So far I've had to search them out elsewhere.  NO MORE!  KP is now carrying a new yarn, Al…

Started by Nutty4Knitting

67 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by cherylbwaters

Shadow lace weight into a ball?

A coworker bought some KP Shadow lace weight.  She doesn't know how to get it into a ball.  Since I have a Swift and a Ball Winder I offere…

Started by KnitterGirl39

10 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by cherylbwaters

hand dyed merino lace

my new hand dyed lace weight merino uruguayan yarn

Started by susan booth

25 Mar 16, 2011
Reply by Debra Phifer

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service