Knitting Community

Charity Knitting KAL

Information

Charity Knitting KAL

We knit 86 caps for The Preemie Project in a single weekend as part of our KIP 2009 speed knitting contest. Now this KAL is for knitters who want to keep the good karma flowing and knit for charity all year long.

Website: http://community.knitpicks.com/profiles/blogs/speed-knitting-winners
Members: 127
Latest Activity: Jan 16

Recommended yarns for charity knitting...

If you need super soft yarn for cure caps or preemie hats, try Comfy, Simply Cotton, or Shine.

We also have a wide variety of machine washable yarns here.

Discussion Forum

Cure caps

Started by Martha. Last reply by Peggy Stuart Apr 17, 2013. 50 Replies

What other charities do you knit for?

Started by Angela. Last reply by cherylbwaters Oct 20, 2011. 63 Replies

Looking for knitters

Started by angelkarhu. Last reply by Frances Tornese Mar 3, 2011. 20 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Charity Knitting KAL to add comments!

Comment by cherylbwaters on June 12, 2009 at 3:30pm
Less than 30 minutes! Good Luck to ALL!!!
Comment by cherylbwaters on June 12, 2009 at 2:38pm
Angela, a last minute question: are you finished at the end of the knitting, weaving in ends OR blocking? Or will that be explained in the directions?
Comment by Christine Sloat on June 12, 2009 at 1:33pm
I am at work - and darn it - the time is going SOOOOOO slow! i keep checking the clock, checking the blog, no concentration abilities at all...
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...
Comment by Tiffany DeOs on June 12, 2009 at 12:16pm
So excited!!!
Comment by Angela on June 12, 2009 at 11:50am
I'm just adding a couple more threads to get things ready to go. The pattern still won't be announced until 4 our time. :)
Comment by Sharon on June 11, 2009 at 5:30pm
I have my yarn in balls, now we need the pattern so we can start knitting, it is raining AGAIN, maybe I should knit a boat.
Comment by Angela on June 4, 2009 at 1:54pm
Welcome crafty Robin! :)
Comment by crafty Robin on June 4, 2009 at 1:29pm
OK,I give up-- I have to join in !! I am on the last row of my Hemi and finished my first Cookie A sock this morning on the train, so the omens are there for me to join in!! Hope I can get my yarn in time-----
Comment by Angela on June 4, 2009 at 8:27am
We will be knitting in the round, so if you like circs, use those, if you prefer DPN's, that's okay too. You'll have to wait to check gauge.
I'm sorry I can't give you more specifics on the yardage yet. It's tricky giving you enough information to prepare without giving the whole thing away!
Comment by cherylbwaters on June 4, 2009 at 7:06am
Sharon, I think those colors will be beautiful together. I hope it clears up this weekend for you. The following weekend would be a good one for rain. That should help "speed knit"!

Members (127)

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service