Knitting Community

Charity Knitting KAL

Information

Charity Knitting KAL

We knit 86 caps for The Preemie Project in a single weekend as part of our KIP 2009 speed knitting contest. Now this KAL is for knitters who want to keep the good karma flowing and knit for charity all year long.

Website: http://community.knitpicks.com/profiles/blogs/speed-knitting-winners
Members: 127
Latest Activity: Jan 16

Recommended yarns for charity knitting...

If you need super soft yarn for cure caps or preemie hats, try Comfy, Simply Cotton, or Shine.

We also have a wide variety of machine washable yarns here.

Discussion Forum

Cure caps

Started by Martha. Last reply by Peggy Stuart Apr 17, 2013. 50 Replies

What other charities do you knit for?

Started by Angela. Last reply by cherylbwaters Oct 20, 2011. 63 Replies

Looking for knitters

Started by angelkarhu. Last reply by Frances Tornese Mar 3, 2011. 20 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Charity Knitting KAL to add comments!

Comment by PickleSue on December 4, 2010 at 10:25am
Magic loop would work great for mittens, too. And any size of hat pattern, really.
Comment by SarahD on December 4, 2010 at 8:19am
What are you wanting to make with the magic loop method, Virginia? It's commonly used for socks. Have you checked out the sock knitalong? It's also a good choice for baby hats made in the round (since they are too small for a 16" circular needle). I like to make baby hats for charity, but I tend to use the two circulars method--just because that's how I learned to do socks, so I find it easiest.
Comment by virginia karlsbroten on December 4, 2010 at 4:53am
I just found this place and would like suggetions for simple quick patterns that can be made using the "magic loop" method. I just got the hang of that and it is working well for me and would like to make something nice for others less fortunate.
Comment by cherylbwaters on July 18, 2009 at 8:07pm
Take your time, we will wait patiently for it.
Comment by Joanne on July 18, 2009 at 4:13pm
yes, I tried to take a pic with my phone and get it on this web site but I guess I need more time to figure it all out.
Comment by cherylbwaters on July 18, 2009 at 9:31am
Joanne, you might want to post your socks in the new Sock KAL.
Comment by Joanne on July 18, 2009 at 5:55am
Ok, finished my socks and did a little spinning. Now back to hats.
Comment by cherylbwaters on July 7, 2009 at 10:22am
Joanne, I think 50 hats per year is a very laudable goal. There is nothing wrong with taking off a little time to spin and knit something else.
Comment by Joanne on July 7, 2009 at 10:11am
I now have 16 hats for my project. I usually give hats on my birthday which is in November. I try to have 50 hats per year. A little behind right now but I'll be taking some time off from hats to make a pair of socks from yarn that I spun. Maybe I'll make another hat sometime between the two socks.
Comment by cherylbwaters on July 6, 2009 at 9:30am
Tammy, the one that was for the speed knitting contest is here. There are lots of organizations out there that accept preemie hats. You might even check your local hospitals if you want a Canadian charity to donate to, go here. Let me know if those don't help you.

Members (127)

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service