Knitting Community

Let's see those WIP's!

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

The blackberry and bare are a GORGEOUS color combo. I wouldn't have thought of it, it's beautiful.
Joslyn, I meant to leave you a comment last night about your stockings for your children. They are simply beautiful! I think it is a great idea you let them pick out their own colors. They will cherish these throughout their lives. My mom made stockings for my four sisters and me when we were very young. And all of us love getting them out to hang up at Christmas time, even if they are not stuffed anymore. They are just special! What a wonderful tradition you just started.
Thank you it really means a lot to hear that. Maybe it's my hormones but the image of you and your sisters still enjoying your stockings (even unstuffed) made me tear up. Thank you for sharing and for your kind words. I hope my children feel the same way you and your sisters do in the future.
I'm sure they will. I made stockings for my girls and two of my nephews. They are still being used and loved every year too. My girls like their stockings so much that they hang them back up after emptying them. :o)
I'm working on so many projects for Christmas. Sheldon and a couple outfits for my son, blanket for my mom, man thong from knitty for my hubby, and the ornament kit for us. Sheldon's about half done, I still have a long way to go on mom's blanket, I just bought the roving to spin up for hubby, and I haven't even touched the ornament kit yet.
Mallory, my philosophy is: what gets done, gets done and what doesn't can get done later. I'm going to be doing good this year if I get the stockings done that I need to do. One down and 2 more to go.
wait, I'm sorry. did you say man thong?
Marci, just go to knitty and search for thong. Better than the man thong is the 302 calories. I hope I don't have any typos here because I'm laughing so hard my laptop is shaking!
I have two more stripes to do for my dad's Harry Potter scarf, and I'm *this* close to finishing Mom's first yoga sock. I think I'm going to make it.

You are doing a beautiful job, Angela. I love the yarn you chose for your mom's yoga socks.
I'm here just to whine. I don't have a photo, I'm lucky I don't have a lighter!

I'm working on the never ending lace shawl for my mom. About 9.7 million hours ago I cast on ONE. And have been in lace hell ever since.

Ok, not really, it's not that bad. But it is taking FOREVER. I've knit 192 rows, each row getting bigger by one stitch. I have 24 rows to go, then I get to pick up all the stitches along the edge and knit a ruffly edge.

It's a really good thing the shawl is for my mom. She's the only person on the planet that I love enough to finish this thing for, when all I really want to do is get back to knitting toilet paper cozies and something out of double stranded Comfy Bulky yarn :).
Marci, you are a real trooper. I'm sure your mom will love it. I hope you've been using lifelines. I absolutely love your description of how long it is taking. Between your description of lace hell and questioning of the man thong, it's amazing I can type at all.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service