Knitting Community

By December 24, this thread will be the most beautiful collection of knitted items ever gathered.

I'm so excited at the thought of getting to finish an item and then get lots of oohs and ahhhs from people before I even wrap it. I'm even MORE excited to see what other people finish to give away!

I'll start us off, many of you have seen this one already--I finished a toilet paper cozy for my little brother and his new bride. It's a spicy tuna roll.

Views: 213

Replies to This Discussion

You're a better woman than I! I cannot stand this yarn! I tried for months to turn it into a beautiful sweater for my MIL. No way, no how. I thought maybe knitting it would be easier than my many failed crochet attempts. Nope. I was wrong there too. But you are so right - it's simply luxurious yarn! How old is the little one you made it for?
LOLOLOL!!! I totally had to rip out and restart like 5 times before I got the hang of handling this yarn again (I made a scarf for my MIL out of it earlier this year). I knitted, I ripped, I knitted again, I ripped again, I crocheted, I ripped yet again, etc, etc.... so eventually this became a crocheted project on a size K needle. I just had to remember to pull the yarn enough to make loops I could see. Ya, I totally understand what you mean, cause it kinda feels like you're trying to fight the yarn the whole way through! I almost just decided to finger-crochet the stuff, but a plain, loose DC on my trusty size K finally did the trick. The little one is 2 1/2 and she just loves purple. I was going to save some of this great yarn for the brim of a hat, but what you see is all I had left, and it was just enough for the scarf. Oh, well, the hat will be done in two more shades of purple.
OK, one more completed, and two to go... home stretch time! This is a little hat for one of our young nephews - it's so hard to pick toys for them because they are getting too old for toys really... This hat is knit using the Warm Ribbed Winter Hat pattern, Swish Worsted yarn in Squirrel with a bit of Swish Worsted in Gray. I used size US 7 needles - Options, of course.

And this is a little different view of the hat.

Now to cast on for another of these wonderful hats... nearly done with my Christmas knitting. --S
I like it Susan.... Nice subtle color and nice stripe!
Marta, Thanks, I did an entire hat using the gray, and just had a little bit left... this was to make the yarn I had go further, and to break up the color a bit... the gray and the squirrel heather go well together. --S
I hear you about 'washable', especially for guy stuff! I just finished another 'Skip' hat tonight. This one is Adobo Swish Bulky. Looks really nice. Very simple hat I've made for three of the men in the family. They all love it. What's not to like about a good warm beanie?
Cute hat, Susan. I think that is a great gift for those in between years.
Thanks all! I think it's a winner... plus being knit from Swish, it is totally washable! Win-win.
I was going to cast on the second such hat for the other nephew, came back to the computer and there were a huge number of emails.... I can't get off the computer for 30 minutes without you gals going wild! --S
Hmmm..... I know what you mean.
Next to the last Christmas project completed.

Second hat for the "other" nephew:

And to see the two hats, so you know they really are different:

One more pair of socks (for the DS) and I am finished... I will cast on tomorrow. --S
Great job, Susan.
Cheryl,
Thanks... I gotr done! --S

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service