Knitting Community

By December 24, this thread will be the most beautiful collection of knitted items ever gathered.

I'm so excited at the thought of getting to finish an item and then get lots of oohs and ahhhs from people before I even wrap it. I'm even MORE excited to see what other people finish to give away!

I'll start us off, many of you have seen this one already--I finished a toilet paper cozy for my little brother and his new bride. It's a spicy tuna roll.

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

Great sushi??? What a hoot!! super present for the person who has everything and can't be fit!!
Ooh, I made this too! I learned a lot - short rows, etc. I also made the bamboo-look mat and the washcloth. I thought this was really fun.

Cheryl - The pattern is on DIY.com or maybe it's DIY network.com.
Thanks, Natalie, I'll look that up.
The first completed set of momma & baby monster. My plan is to knit these up for the holidays & include a gift card. Great scrap busting project, you can find the pattern HERE plus plenty of other adorable creations if monsters aren't your thing! :)

Oh, Susan, thanks for the link. Be sure you keep Mr. F away so he won't be gobbled up!
Hi, I just love your monsters and in particular the colours you have chosen which go so well with the plants. At first I thought they were plant pot covers and now I am wondering whether I could adapt the pattern to make them as plant pot cosies for a friend at work. They would look great sitting on top of his cupboards alongside his many trailing plants and be a great conversation peice. IF I ever get round to it, I'll take some photos for you. Now I wonder if I have any similar coloured wool? Barbara
thanks Barbara!

You could easily attach a knitted band to the back of the monster & slip it around the pot! Not really a cozy, but more of a decoration. :)
Another option would be to knit the smaller monster & attach a chopstick to the back so you could insert him into the soil.
Anyway, I'm sure you can figure out some way to achieve what you want!
Have fun & don't forget to post photos of the finished project. I'd love to see how it turns out!
~Susan xxx
So far I've finished a blanket for my dad, a shawl for my grandma, a hat for my brother-in-law, and a vest for my fiance (sp?) I still have to finish a scarf for my mom, finish a bag for my sister, and start/finish a pair of mittens for my brother. Unfortunately those have gone on the back burner momentarily, I'm working on a veil (actually it is the feathers and fans round shawl I hope to turn into a veil) for my wedding in March. It is my first lace project and I figured it would take awhile to accomplish. I also figured I would get tired of it sometime in the next few months, so that will be when I finish up my Christmas gifts. Hopefully I have not bitten off more than I can chew!
Attachments:
I guess you can only attach 3 things to each post, so here is the vest.
Attachments:
Anita, those are quite beautiful.

Congratulations on the upcoming event. You might want to post it in the Lace KAL as you progress.
Oh, yes, Susan's reply reminded me. Is is possible for you to tell us the name of the pattern for the hat?
The pattern is out of the Knitters Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd. I added the white band and the goldfish myself. The fish pattern I got from searching around ravelry until I found a fish pattern I liked, and then copying it off of the picture the best I could. I used wool of the andes for the whole thing, ivy kettle dyed, pumpkin, and white.

Thanks so much!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service