Knitting Community

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas of what I could make for very little $$$$ and very little time as holiday gifts for my teenage friends. Lace is good, small stuff is good, and it MUST MUST MUST use natural fibers for softness.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

I'm right here with you on wondering about gift ideas with fast working time and small fiber amounts. My daughter's birthday is in less than 2 weeks and she just told me she'd like something made from our dog's fur (who just passed over) for her birthday. I don't have much of Mattie's fur (our dog) and very little time to go from raw fiber to finished washed/wrapped product/gift. I was desperately trying to think of something I could make for her that would not need to be worn. I just spoke with her on the phone and she suggested something along the line of a keychain-bauble-type thing. WooHoo! What a relief! That could take on just about any form or shape, and I'll have enough time and fiber, barely on both accounts, to accomplish it! So whudaya think..... ball-shaped form or one of the squiggly-looking twizzler type things to hang from a keychain?? .... now I just need to find the stashed fur....
Merry, I think a ball shape would be nice. Less likely for it to be caught on keys.
Someone else mentioned soap sacks. I'm making the melt & pour soap and knitting soap sacks. I'm going to try knitting an Icord to make soap on a rope, too. And a washcloth to match. I saw some wristbands in Stitch & Bitch (the GEEK ones) I may try out, too. My goal is to knit something for everyone by Thanksgiving from the Tidings of Joy kit so I can give them out at dinner. Those needles are soooo little!

Cathy
That's a wonderful idea. That way those ornaments will be on trees to enjoy.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service