Knitting Community

Are you making the gorgeous Arden bag?

I can't wait to make this - it's so beautiful!

Also, be sure to check out the lovely & talented designer Kerin's great blog post on where to find the extras for finishing the bag! It's in the Bag!

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

Usually the reason for doing something like this in the round instead of flat is to avoid purling while doing colorwork.
I just got my kit and I'm trying to find my gauge. I knitted up a swatch using the yarn and US 13, then US 11 needles, stockinette, not stranded, flat (not in the round). The problem is both needle sizes came out to be about 12 sts for a 4" section and the gauge is 14.5 sts for 4" in stranded stockinette. I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?
Well, since this is knit in the round and stranded, I suggest your swatch be the same. Does the gauge say it is before or felting? I can't imagine why you would be getting the same gauge with 13s and 11s because there should be a difference. ♥cheryl
I have a question about the bottom and top band. This question was posted earlier on in the forum but I am still confused.
The instructions say to knit the band until there is 4 yards of yarn left. Now I have just gone through one hank of yarn and I still have another hank left. Now am I supposed to knit this last hank until there are 4 yards left or is it the first hank they mean?? It would be easier if they said to knit until it is 6 inches or whatever. BTW, I am knitting the larger satchel. I also had a hank of the contrasting color that I never needed to use. Did others have left over yarn?
Thanks so much!
Laura
Laura, I don't know who has knit this yet. Have you posed this question to customer service? They might be able to help. Wish I knew the answer. ♥cheryl
Thanks for the advice. I just emailed customer service so will hopefully hear back soon.
Laura, let us know what you find out, please. ♥c

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service