Knitting Community

I love seeing photos of hand dyed yarns, they're always so beautiful in the skein. Show me your yarn! Please!

Views: 8484

Replies to This Discussion

beautiful. what a great color combination!
My first attempt ever at dyeing yarn, it was so fun! I had Easter Egg dye that I didn't use at Easter, and chose pink, spring green, and teal green to try and evoke the colors of a pink flower garden.
Attachments:
Well your first attempt turned out very pretty! I love these colors together.
Your dye job turned out lovely! Wonderful color combinations! --S
Cute! I love the combination you chose and the arrangement! Reminds me of a cool summer dress pattern.
It also sort of looks like stained glass! Pretty!!
Here is a skein of Knitpicks Merino Silk I dyed with Sapphire Blue and Lilac. (I described the technique used on the other discussion.) The camera didn't really do the colors justice.

Since I'm also a weaver, I wound a skein of Merino Silk as a warp for the loom, and dyed it in the same way (zig-zagged in a plan and painted crosswise). I will be weaving this with a fine black silk yarn or thread, so show off all the colors.

This shows the colors as they will be on the loom.

I've dyed twice at my LYS and found a new passion. This is Jacquard dye on superwash wool:
This is really beautiful! I can't wait to see it knit up. What are you planning to knit with it? ♥s
Thanks so much!! I don't even know what I'm going to knit from it. I just like it so much as yarn! I've only got 100 grams, and it's a light-worsted weight. Any suggestions?
So, how many yards is 100 grams? ♥s
Ok, so I was wrong! I looked up my info to get the yardage, and I actually have 8 oz of this yarn, and 560 yards. Any ideas?

Thanks!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service