Knitting Community

Aloha! You all knew this was coming . . . show off your hand dyed roving or fiber!!

I dyed up my first batch of KP's Superwash Merino/Nylon and Merino/Silk - so yummy, fluffy, soft and heavenly . . .

Please post your photos and comments - Can't wait to see all your creations!

Here is my SW Merino/Nylon:

and the Merino/Silk:

~ christina

Tags: dyed, dyes, hand, knit, merino, roving, silk, spinning, superwash, wool

Views: 16247

Replies to This Discussion

Oh no!  Not Templeton!  I found that picture after the Bristlecone group made the 'Year of the Dragon' spindles.  I'm a water rat in Chinese zodiac by year, so thought that picture was pretty appropriate.  :)  Plus, I edited it to have him pulling out a mustard can instead of the original donut.  :)

So anyone who wonders what we're talking about...  you don't have to go find it...

Hear, hear!  We sure do!

LOL...I can see that in my mind and I love it!

Another for this week: a new colorway COFFEE BEAN & TEA LEAF, named for my favorite mainland (meaning, not Hawaiian) coffee shop, in superwash merino/nylon roving and superwash merino lace weight yarn.

enjoy!

Lovely!  Just lovely!

Ymmm..... I can smell those coffee beans.

I like this one.  It reminds me of some new leaves and the unusual bark on group of trees I saw earlier today.  I immediately thought what a cool colorway it would make, and voila, here it is! 

Christina, have to share this with you...when you first started posting your rovings along with laceweight yarn in the same colorway, I thought the laceweight was your own handspun!  I was thinking, my gosh she must spin like a whirlwind!

Someone in the Support Spindlers group Fiber Alerts thought the same thing. Each month a new Fiber Alert thread is started. And one person was excited that Christina was showing what it looked like spun up! LOL This thread almost died because there was only one person posting in it and one member complained. I guess they thought the seller was getting free advertising. Sad because this person advertises all the time on Ravelry. So several of us got other indy dyers to join in the fun. I suggested it to Christina and I think she is making a hit over there.

Happy to hear this Cheryl!  Christina deserves to be a "hit" and it sounds like you were able to assuage some ruffled feathers over on Ravelry where for the first time I really did find a group of hyper-critical folks posting in the Beginner Spinners group in a thread entitled "OT:  Bones".  Once I find that people are being overly critical to downright nasty I just go on to something else.

Well, in general, the Support Spindler group is a really nice bunch of people. So is the Bristlecone Heirloom Artisan group. PickleSue introduced me to both groups.

:D  And now I haven't been spending much time there!  Don't know why.  Just too much for me to keep up on the daily chatter, I guess.  But I agree, I really like some of the people there.  Mrs.  Bristlecone has cut down on participation quite a bit, huh?  That was sad to see. 

I'm SO glad you pointed Christina that direction, too.  I wish I'd have thought of it!!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service