Knitting Community

Aloha! You all knew this was coming . . . show off your hand dyed roving or fiber!!

I dyed up my first batch of KP's Superwash Merino/Nylon and Merino/Silk - so yummy, fluffy, soft and heavenly . . .

Please post your photos and comments - Can't wait to see all your creations!

Here is my SW Merino/Nylon:

and the Merino/Silk:

~ christina

Tags: dyed, dyes, hand, knit, merino, roving, silk, spinning, superwash, wool

Views: 16248

Replies to This Discussion

Very pretty!  Have you found anything to your liking yet?  The idea of a toy really appeals to me (I know, I'm a sucker for toys - lol), but I keep thinking the toy could be named   - of course, Olivia!  That would be pretty special to a 4 year old, a toy named after her, made just for her.  Just saying... ... ... :o)

Oh, that is a good idea.  :) 

Pickle, I'm glad to see you on here.  I've been worried about you due to the weather. 

I was worried too!  The town of Harveyville KS was hit by a tornado the other night (home of Nikol Lohr's Yarn School- the Harveyville Project).  I haven't found out yet if the school was damaged.  It's only about 85 miles south of here- I really ought to go to it one of these years.  :\   

I haven't watched the news to see how things panned out later, but initial estimates were that 60% of the town was destroyed.  Population 240.  We had super super high winds with that storm but just straight line winds.  This time! 

That's awful.  I hope the school was spared, but more importantly that no one there was hurt.  I sure hope that the weather they're predicting for this weekend does not come to fruition.  It sounds crazy and scarey.  But I am so glad to hear you are fine. 

I hope you do make it to this school sometime.  It sounds so cool beans! 

Someone on Ravelry was also talking about that tornado. I assume since they were talking about a town of 240 being wiped out, that it must be the same one. Wish I could remember who it was. I want to say Flutterbys, but I know that's wrong. Wait, it was definitely BlushingEwe! She's in Topeka.

Oh, it's been too long since I've read this thread!  Ugh the weather.  I feel for all the families affected. 

You are right.  It would have been perfect, Wendy.  But I didn't have a toy pattern that I liked.  I got one today -- a free pattern that uses NORO yarn from KnittingFever.com.  It is adorable, but I'd already started the shawlette. 

ETA:  It's a rabbit -- perfect for Easter.  Might do it anyway, even if I don't use the Olivia yarn.

Ooh, I don't have to find it on Rav! I really like it.

Jo, I am so glad you claimed it...it's perfect for your purpose :D)

Yea for Jo and Olivia!!!  Booo Hooo for me! =( 

I really, really like this one Bren!!  I'm now officially starting a 'Bren Wishlist' to join the 'Christina Wishlist'!  Just thought I'd warn you!!

I'm so glad you got this for Olivia.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service