Knitting Community

Donna Szczech's Discussions

Discussions Replied To (12) Replies Latest Activity

"I've got the socks done, no bleeding on this pair. Sorry it took me so long, I have…"

Donna Szczech replied Oct 24, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011
Reply by Annette Johnston

"I got my figures from the Knit Picks Jacquard Acid Tutorial which says to use 1 tsp…"

Donna Szczech replied Sep 10, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011

"I didn't heat the yarn-dye mixture for an hour. The book I was following said to hea…"

Donna Szczech replied Sep 10, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011

"I used 5 Tbsp of the standard dye stock (mixed at 1/2 tsp dye per cup of water) -- a…"

32 Oct 26, 2011

"Yes, I decided to go pastel (less dye), used plenty of vinegar, and had the water un…"

32 Oct 26, 2011

"Hi Annette, and thank you very much for your input. The 3 Tbsp we were mentioning wa…"

Donna Szczech replied Aug 23, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011

"It sounds logical -- I will give it a try, and take a look at the book. Many thanks!"

Donna Szczech replied Jul 20, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011

"Do you mean soaking the sock blank in a vinegar water solution before beginning to '…"

Donna Szczech replied Jul 19, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011

"Maybe I didn't heat it enough then. I steamed it for at least an hour, then decided…"

Donna Szczech replied Jul 18, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011

"Thanks! I guess I will keep on rinsing. Next time I think I will add the vinegar to…"

Donna Szczech replied Jul 18, 2011 to Color fastness for Jacquard Acid dye? What did I do wrong?

32 Oct 26, 2011

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service