Knitting Community

I want to see! 

I only have a couple so far but yesterday was feeling down, it's been pretty dreary weather wise here for the past several weeks and while we had a lovely Saturday, Sunday was back to grey & rain. So I grabbed my hook & a random skein of WOTA and made myself a Bluebird of Happiness. It made me feel so much better :)

The pattern is a free pattern right here!  I have a thing about birdies, (which Kate teases me about) so I've made a couple of these little guys.

So let's see yours!

Tags: CAL, FO, Finished, Projects, crochet

Views: 156

Replies to This Discussion

This is a hat I made up myself using Venezia Bulky by Cascade (silk/merino wool blend) and Cascade's Cloud 9 (angora/wool blend) for the flower.  The picture is cruddy, but the shades are light and deep purple contrasts.  It's a fun slouchy hat w/a picot border.  My toddler loves it, and I also made some matching mittens.  VERY quick project.  Sorry for the poor quality--it was taken on my cell phone.
Cassandra, all of these hats are adorable!!  I think my favorite is the bright pink with the green flower, but you did a good job on all of them.  They are a fitting tribute to your great grandmother.
All three hats are lovely. 
Oh, how sweet they all are--both the hats and girls! I also have made the hat from Happy Hookers for my daughter who at the time was in high school. I added another color change to make it larger. She wore it out. Now she wants a slouchie hat so I'm looking for a pattern. She's picked out a medium weight yarn in cream, of all colors. LOL

I made a slouchy hat for Roots n Shoots winter drive(Pine Ridge, SD).  Url to Ravelry listed pattern

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lamb-inspired-hat

This is a really simple fingerless mitt that I have made MANY times for nieces and nephews this winter and I just posted it on the "Wanted Knitters and Crocheters" discussion here.  It is a leftover yarn type pattern and the "wanted" discussion is for a great cause if you are looking fo something to do between big projects. 

What a great gift. These make up so quickly, don't they? I haven't heard about the "Wanted Knitters and Crocheters" discussion group. I'll have to check it out.

I was pretty busy over the holidays making gifts, so I'll just post a bunch of them here.

This is the Phannie hat I made for my daughter. The model here is one of the girls in my knit/crochet group.

This is the extra-long mobius scarf for my daughter (again). I made up the pattern as I went. I started with a single crochet foundation chain, then I think I ended up doing HDC rows until I ran out of yarn--2 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-ease Thick and Quick. I doesn't look as long on her since she is about 6" taller than me. She is the one who decided on the basic design--long and chunky. Girls...

The "My Bluejean Shawl" from Ravelry for my mother made from a bamboo/silk yarn. It really needed blocking, but it is a simple and quick pattern.

Next, a lacy shawl with matching fingerless mitts given to my mother. The mitten pattern is from Red Heart. I discovered it on their web site, and I can't tell you how many pairs I've made for folks. It uses sock weight yarn. I made the scarf with the same shells-and-v stitch pattern of the mittens, only I used a larger hook. The yarn is from Plymouth.

Lastly, I'm making dozens of these darlings to take to the hospital, and using up my scrap yarn as I go. The pattern is "Itty Bitty Noggin Cap" from Ravelry.

I've also made some more of the triangle prayer shawls, again using up my stash. Yay, me. Soon I'll be able to buy more yarn, right? I mean, that's one of the reasons we love doing these projects is to have the yarn to play with...

I absolutely agree that "little" production projects make more yarn purchases possible and what is more fun than that!  Love the little hats!

I enjoyed viewing all your FOs. 

on a sidenote: for some reason my pc downloads photos really s  l o w ly.  Is it because I'm on dial up?  Seems like use to it showed photos faster, now it'll just stop after awhile and not finish loading the images.  Especially a problem when images are large.

It might be because of your dial up connection, but the problems with the images being large may be because you are using Internet Explorer. When I first joined the KP community 2½ years ago, I was using IE. Then I switched to Firefox and have no problems with the images now.

I bet it is  IE ...   the AOL IE at that.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service