Knitting Community

Information

Colorwork KAL

The group for anyone who loves colorwork knitting or would like to learn. Kerin & Alison will be visiting regularly to offer ideas, support, encouragement, and advice.

Members: 486
Latest Activity: yesterday

Colorwork Reference Info

Knitters have been asking, so here it is, the whole enchilada, all the Palettecolors artfully arranged in one enormous photo. (Click for bigger.) I make no guarantees about color accuracy on your monitor, but this way you'll see relationships between colors, since they're right next to each other in one shot. Enjoy!

Melissa explains how to use this picture of the spectrum of Palette colors to select colors for your next knitted colorwork project.

Group member Cheryl Waters has created an excellent reference sheet for keeping track of which Palette yarn you have in your stash! You can download the PDF here: PaletteColors2011.pdf

To see the current Palette line up to plan your next colorwork project, check out the pdf below. It includes all 150 colors of Palette, including a black & white version, which helps determine the contrast between shades for colorwork projects!

Palette 2012 - 150 colors!

If you're looking for pattern ideas, browse our selection of Knit Picks and IDP fair isle and colorwork patterns.

Discussion Forum

A New Love!

Started by Peggy Stuart. Last reply by Peggy Stuart Jun 5. 100 Replies

Tudor Roses Anyone?

Started by Peggy Stuart. Last reply by Peggy Stuart Apr 11. 36 Replies

Lofoten Pullover

Started by JB. Last reply by Peggy Stuart Aug 28, 2014. 57 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Colorwork KAL to add comments!

Comment by Designbee on August 26, 2009 at 6:28pm
Wow, Cheryl, that YouTube link was great! I had read instructions on how to knit backwards and, although I can normally do well with written instructions, the ones I found seemed very complicated. That link made it so easy that I've already got it down! thanks a million. Deb
Comment by Peggy Stuart on August 26, 2009 at 6:05pm
Evestarr: Check out this--
http://www.knitpicks.com/kpimages/PDF/No_Yarn_Req/50667D.pdf
They have all the colors listed for each colorway. --P
Comment by evestarr on August 26, 2009 at 6:01pm
Is there any chance that KP's will release the Sipalu Bag in kit form again? The colorways were so beautiful. If that's not possible, it would be a huge help to post a list of the exact colors used in each colorway. I think I'd especially appreciate a list of the colors used in the blue bag. Thanks!
Comment by cherylbwaters on August 25, 2009 at 7:15am
You are more than welcome.
Comment by momknits on August 25, 2009 at 6:38am
Thanks cherylbwaters! Great link. It's just that easy.
Comment by Peggy Stuart on August 24, 2009 at 4:47pm
It makes sense if you already know how to knit backwards. I don't have a problem doing Fair Isle working from the back side. It never occurred to me that you have to always be looking at the front or public side of the work. I have the kit, too. I'm looking forward to doing it. --P
Comment by cherylbwaters on August 24, 2009 at 1:08pm
I haven't done it but Beth Pritchett discusses it in the Nonna's Garden discussion. Here's a link from YouTube:
KnitWitch
Comment by momknits on August 24, 2009 at 11:39am
I have the Andean Chullo Hat kit that I bought awhile ago. Here's the perfect time to start that. I am not sure about the ear-flaps but I did find info on knitting backworkds on the purl rows. Does that make sense to anyone?
Comment by Wild Iris on August 24, 2009 at 11:03am
I just ordered the Corrie Fair Isle Vest kit; it was definitely the "must make item" from the new catalog for me. I'm hoping that there will be more Fair Isle kits released this fall/winter. I've only knit a couple of Fair Isle projects so far, but I really enjoy them. I'm looking forward to getting started on it.
Comment by cherylbwaters on August 21, 2009 at 7:24pm
Jolie, KP has really been coming up with lots of great new items.

Members (486)

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2015   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service