Knitting Community

Some of us in the Knitting Community have joined the "Flight Path" mystery Knitalong organized by Mary Scott Huff. If you're on Ravelry, you can find the Ravelry group here. I'm using Wool of the Andes Sport Weight in "Wonderland Heather," "Baltic Heather," "Saffron," "Fairytale" and "Avocado." We don't know at this point what the project will be, but it's an accessory for a woman. Here's my swatch:

Swatching instructions say to knit a swatch using the larger needles (I got gauge with size 4) working in the rnd or back and forth using two colors, any stranded pattern we wanted, since we don't have the chart yet. We're to aim for 6 1/2 sts/in. Sport weight or DK would be most suitable.

We will get one part of the pattern each week. Today (If you're reading this on Monday, January 30th) we get the first "clue." It will be fun to see what the project turns into. It isn't too late to join us if you want. It isn't a race. Just a fun thing to do together. All you need is the pattern (see link above) and 5 skeins of sport-weight yarn, each a different color. Just get your pattern and yarn and join us! We get the last clue February 27, 2012. You can buy the pattern later, but it will cost more, and you need to finish with the group to qualify for the drawings. (Yes, there are prizes!)

Tags: Colorwor, KAL, MaryScottHuff, mystery, stranded

Views: 4120

Replies to This Discussion

Pickle, what a great job you did picking out colors. 

They're really pretty!

Thanks.  It was fun.  I don't think they're quite what's in the book, but close.

Isn't this a nice book Jean?  I borrowed it from the library a few weeks ago, and immediately thought of Peggy.  It's very interesting read. 

Yes I loved it.  I just received "The Principles of Knitting " today I have waited since December for it, wow the book is huge 2" thick.

I'm going to go through the KP yarns I have and make a fiber card so I can look at the colors together then I'll order one of each of what I thihk will work and go from that.

Interesting, Jean.  I preordered the new POK in March of last year and still don't have it.  I did finally get the notice that it was shipped, though. 

I've not heard of that book.  Hmm, guess I'll have to check it out sometime. 

Me, too!

Peggy Sue, I just received mine on Friday. So you should receive it anytime now. It's 650 pages with another sixty something pages of references. I haven't had a chance to sit down with it but at a glance it really looks awesome. I'd forgotten I'd ordered it. I know I did so on your recommendation.

Maybe today's the day!!  They say it's been shipped, but who knows!  They charged me $27+ for it and 2 days later it was listed at $22.50 on Amazon.  I'm quite disgusted!!  I contacted them and their reply was- sorry- we charge you the price listed when it ships. They may hear from me again.  :(

Eek!  :)  At my recommendation!?!  I hope you like it!  Lol. 

I have to pull in my belt! We owe taxes this year, and I don't have enough in my savings to cover it.

If you can't get a refund from Amazon, Pickle, perhaps it will ease your mind to know that the original (I have) was published in 1988 and the price was $29.95 plus tax...I don't think there was an Amazon dot com back then.  And this original, when it was OOP and no update on the horizon, was selling for $200 and more.  I'd love to see the new edition to see how it has been updated, but I'm not going to buy it.  In all truth, I'd rather have a copy of Montse Stanley's knitting reference book.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service