Knitting Community

I noticed that sometimes some stitches didn't seem to show up that well. They were kind of "hidden". I wondered why? Then I got the wonderful book "The Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techiniques" by Margaret Radcliffe and found out WHY and what I was doing wrong!!

I knit Continental style and hold the two colors in one hand. I didn't know that it made a difference in what position the yarns were on my finger as I knit. In other words some times the pink yarn would be on the top and the black yarn on the bottom across my finger and visa versa. In her book she says that "It's important to be conistent in how you position the yarns because this affects the size of the stitches in each color!!

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

Robbi, I have several myself. Plus a metal one.
Cheryl, I put aside the sweet vest for awhile. I am almost done with an easy cardigan for myself. But I plan to pick up the vest again as soon as this sweater is done.
Just curious if the chart was helping and if you ever heard anything from the designer. So once you get back to it let me know.
Phew! This is me exactly! I just got one of those when I ordered my colors and that's how I thought I should be doing it color-wise! You have reassured me! Thank you!!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service