Knitting Community

When I explained to a friend about making one twist before joining your circle, I was asked if I twisted toward the middle or away.  Does it matter???

Views: 70

Replies to This Discussion

Nicky, I really think it doesn't matter as long as there is a twist.  If you think about it, if you twist one side toward the middle, the other will be twisted away from the middle, and vice versa.
Thanks, that's what I thought but I started second-guessing myself.

Glad to help anytime.  Sometimes I draw a blank myself, and start wondering if I'm right.  Happens to all of us.

Happy knitting!

And sometimes the simplest answer is the right one... we can over think a pattern too. 

A true Möbius is only a half twist, so if you follow the edge around you will include both edges of the piece but still end up where you started. It's done using a long circular needle. You CO with the cable in a loop. For the one I did, I used Cat Bordhi's directions. If you CO correctly, you work towards the outside in both directions at the same time.
That is one of those fun projects -- kinda like a BSJ where you knit "on faith" that it wil turn out right.  I have made two "fake" mobius scarves using a provisional cast on and Kitchner to seam the ends together so that the wearer doesn't see any join.
Thanks everyone, I too use Cat B's directions, but when I was ask to think about it. I had a duh moment
I hate it when I over think it, don't you? I do that a lot. Or I really hate when I've figured something out. Put it down for a while and end up not trusting what I did before.

I do way too much of that! I guess I just have to develop more confidence in my skills.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service