Knitting Community

Here's where you can post feedback and questions about our Zephyr Acrylic Interchangeable Needles.

If you have any problems with your needles, please contact Knit Picks Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw your photos on Ravelry. Impressive haul!

Golly that is such a good idea! Thanks so much for sharing. I have both sets but didn't ever think of using them in that way. Maybe I won't need to wear my glasses so often when I knit.

Being a computer user from the beginning and having started out doing accounting with DOS based Lotus 123 I rely on mine a lot. One of the things that I've found that helps out a whole lot is when getting ready to print out knitting patterns I use a size 14 font. It helps a whole lot!

I hope that everyone is ready for a terrific New Year! Have a great and safe evening....

Honestly, I like these needles, until you have to use the smaller size.  I have now had a THIRD size 4 Zephyr break on me! I am NOT a tight knitter and don't do anything weird with them.  The size 4 just keeps snapping every single time I use it.  I don't have any problems with the bigger sizes.  They are pretty sturdy.  KP has been UNBELIEVABLY sweet in replacing my snapped size 4's every time, but given that this is the 3rd time I've had to contact them about replacing it, I asked if they would please send me the nickel plated ones instead.  So, my review is that I love them, but ONLY in the bigger sizes.
I guess that's why they didn't go any smaller with the Zephyrs. I have used my size 4s a lot, with no problem, but I'm a pretty loose knitter. That may be a factor. Customer Service at KP is wonderful. I had some problems with a couple of the Harmony fixed circs, and replacement was quick. I haven't had any problems with the needles I've purchased lately, so I guess they have fixed those issues.
When I saw the size 4s, mind you I've never seen anything smaller than an 8 so far in my entire time since I've been knitting/crocheting, and I am so terrified to get anything smaller than the 8 out and using them. A little too scary for me to use right now.
It will happen when you are ready.
I agree with Cheryl. You will see a project you are dying to make that takes smaller needles, and you'll be motivated. In the meantime, there's a lot you can do with size 8 and up!
Well, I know I'm supposed to make a fingerless glove for my Secret Santa in a swap I'm in on Ravelry and a charity mitten for the same swap. So I reckon I'm going to need to get over that fear sooner than I think. Meh, it's a learning experience.
Every project I do, even when it is simple garter stitch knitting is a learning experience. Sometimes it's simply experimenting with the needles I'm using, sometimes it's learning new techniques or new yarn. I LOVE KNITTING and, thanks to Susan and Peggy, SPINNING! So go for it and jump right in!
Truer words were never spoken! That's one reason I love knitting and spinning!
Okay, so I got out my Size 5 needles and put them on the cables and used fingering yarn and started knitting stockinette. I was actually surprised how well I was doing. So maybe I don't have to be afraid after all even if I am a tight knitter. YAY!
Over the years, my knitting is not nearly as tight as it used to be.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service