Knitting Community

Post your photos here.

I'm still working on the Gaywool fiber:

Tags: fiber, spinning

Views: 20750

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a real pink person but that has my mouth watering.

I have to agree... it looks yummy! 

Thanks, it has been a treat after dealing with the nastiest fleece I've ever had!

Just for fun, I'll show you where it came from.

I think you'll get a kick out of this....

This is the gray Corriedale "Sierra"

Here's a shot of the fuschia Romney - it is some serious hot pink!

I thought it was lovely before, but now that you've shown us how you got that great shade of pink...from gray and fuchsia...I am ever so impressed!!

I love working with color!  I've been playing with grayscale and heathered yarns for the past year or so and I'm having a blast with it.

The best part is that I can get almost unlimited colors from a single dye-up of wool by blending it.  I've sent a proposal to Spin Off to write an article about it... now I sit and wait to see if they want it.

It's amazing how colors can be manipulated. In one of the other discussions I posted a pic of yarn I spindled using turqouise and throughout the roving was pink and a bit of yellow resulting in a lavendar and green look. I loved it especially since I wasn't fond of the bright turquoise.

And I do love heathered yarns.  I hope you get a "yes' from Spin Off; I'd be very interested in such an article!

I'd like to reply to you Robdob and Beverly, but it isn't giving me the "button".  That happened the other day as well... does anyone know why?

Anyway - I'm loving the colorwork - and I'd love to poll anyone who will answer about what their favorite colors are.  I'm planning to do up some batts for sale and I'd like to know what colors people like.  Not everyone likes the cool colors and grays that I do...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Spin Off, I know I'm aiming pretty high...

I had some problems last night, too... today it seems better.  Not sure why.

Karen, I find that my taste in color varies widely... love the blue/reds/purples, but also finding greens/yellows, etc. appealing, too.  Sometimes a batt or roving comes up and the combination of colors draws me.  From time to time I like them all.

ETA:  If you don't aim high, you can't get to that point. 

Karen, the reply button only shows up down to a certain level.  Once that level is reached, it disappears.  But you did the right thing by going up and clicking the last reply button in the thread.  That way, you reply to all those between the button and your response.

Thanks for the note on the reply button.  I wondered how that worked.  Is there a way to collapse the conversation when the replies get so far from the original part?  I don't want someone to think I'm ignoring them if I miss a post.... I'm not really familiar with this system yet.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service