Knitting Community

Post your photos here.

I'm still working on the Gaywool fiber:

Tags: fiber, spinning

Views: 20847

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Beverly!  Yes, the stainless steel counter is nice, but better lighting would be nice...maybe one of these day.

And yes, I bought 2 lbs. of the merino/mohair in roving form this summer, already blended... there is a bit of VM in it, but not so much that it doesn't spin out easily.

Both are quite lovely.
Thanks, Cheryl...
Oh!!  It's really beautiful!
Thanks, Bren!  I appreciate that!
Susan, your red yarn is awesome!

Thanks, Elaine... I'll be casting on the project for it later today.. we shall see how it knits up... that is always the proof in the pudding.

What did you say you were making with it Susan?

A pair of hats! 
Isn't that the truth, the proof of the pudding is how it knits up. I am knitting the Persuasion Scarf that was in the last Spin Off magazine with a hand painted yarn that I spun that has loads of RED in it. It's not turning out quite the way I had invisioned but it is still nice. I am learning a lot from using other people's hand painted yarn. I gives me ideas how I might like to paint my own, once I get started. You can learn a lot from just watching others. The fiber I am using is a Merino and it is just gloriously soft to the touch. My daughter said, "It's hard to believe that is wool."
Once people get a taste (touch) of the finer wools, they are never the same... it's not the old wool they were brought up with... it is lovely, isn't it?
yes it sure is lovely :)

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service