Knitting Community

Hi All,  Lemmy and I are starting the Dogwood Blossoms sweater.  Wish us luck (and good eyesight!)  We'd love others working on this sweater to join us! 

It's kind of hard to see which colors are on the charts.  The dark ones look alike (at least on the blue kit).  There is a close up photo of the sweater in the instructions that is a little clearer.  I think the first colors used after the cuff are Bark and Silver.

I'm near sighted and wear progressive lenses.  I've found I have a much easier time knitting (esp fine gauge) when I wear a pair of old glasses.  The distance prescription is lower and I can see up close MUCH more easily.  Guess I need stronger progressives, but this works for free! 

Tags: Blossom, Dogwood, Fair, Isle, Sweater, colorwork

Views: 2437

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good!

No it looks like this:

This is really going to be a gorgeous sweater.  :o)

That's what I think. I'm on the second sleeve now.

Peggy, Your Dogwood Sweater is coming along so lovely. The colors are fantastic.

Thanks! I'm temporarily off the rails, though. The sweater is low-priority, so I have to get my baby knitting and quilting done first!

I started my Dogwood Blossoms sweater one year and one month ago and tonight it is blocking. It is not perfect and I did "my own thing" with setting in the sleeves. I might decide to change them but I will post some pictures first to see what  you think. I also knit socks, shawls and baby blankets over the year, but it is great to get this project finished. All I need to do now is pick out buttons.

Congratulations.

Can't wait to see! I have about 2" of the body done. Want to see yours!

Here is my finished Dogwood Blossoms sweater.

GOOD WORK! Impressive! Beautiful! I can't wait to finish mine!

Janet, that is fabulous!

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service