Knitting Community

Hi All,  Lemmy and I are starting the Dogwood Blossoms sweater.  Wish us luck (and good eyesight!)  We'd love others working on this sweater to join us! 

It's kind of hard to see which colors are on the charts.  The dark ones look alike (at least on the blue kit).  There is a close up photo of the sweater in the instructions that is a little clearer.  I think the first colors used after the cuff are Bark and Silver.

I'm near sighted and wear progressive lenses.  I've found I have a much easier time knitting (esp fine gauge) when I wear a pair of old glasses.  The distance prescription is lower and I can see up close MUCH more easily.  Guess I need stronger progressives, but this works for free! 

Tags: Blossom, Dogwood, Fair, Isle, Sweater, colorwork

Views: 2455

Replies to This Discussion

That's OK. By the time you posted your comment, I was already in bed!
It's difficult to have snappy comebacks to Peggy any time of the day!
LOL!
A friend of mine wants to make the Blue colorway, kit #40944. Does anyone have the list of colors for that version? She has the pattern for the Green one, so she doesn't need the pattern, just which colors to order.
Someone on Ravelry took pity on me. The colors are:
3 Navy, 2 brindle heather, 2 bittersweet heather, 2 bark. the rest are one each: cornmeal, turmeric, autumn heather, thicket, wallaby, opal heather, Caribbean, silver, sky, whirlpool and delta.
I'm so glad someone was able to help you on Ravelry, because I had no idea!
I'm also helping another person on Ravelry. Apparently you make each sleeve in the round, then join them with steek sts to knit the sleeve caps. She has just about finished the first sleeve, so by the time she has two sleeves done, I should have the pattern in my hot little hands.
I seriously thought about getting that pattern, I think they offered it as a download for a short time. But they must not have because I can't find it in my KP library or on my computer.
You can buy the pattern by itself.
Hmm... maybe I meant to add it to my cart and didn't.
It's available as a download for $7.99. It doesn't add to your order for free shipping, so maybe you thought you would wait.
Ahhh..... I do remember now. I thought it was a little expensive and would wait.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service