Knitting Community

If you have finished the increases for the cuff, you've started Stage Two!

Here's what mine looks like after the cuff increases and 10 additional dec rows (or 20 rows). I'm starting to work the other color in.

Tags: BSJ, Elizabeth, Zimmerman, decreases

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

Putting a short piece of contrast yarn around the st. I switched to it. It's easier to find the marked st that way and quick to move it when you come to it! I'll try to post a photo!
OK, NOW I remember. I just used stitch markers.
I had to drop down and fix a place where I got off one. I used EZ's method of marking with a safety pin. I guess it wasn't obvious enough for me in dim light. Then I wondered why I had a different number of sts on one front from what was on the other. I had the right number of sts overall, though! (If the overall st. Ount had been off, I might have had to frog!)
Here it is:

The yarn dangles on each side of the st you use for increasing and decreasing. I can't remember who came up with it, but it really helps. When I get to it for increasing I take it out by pulling it, M1, then lay it over the space between the needles but OVER the working yarn K1, bring the other end of the dangling yarn to the front, then M1 for the other side. When you get ready to increase again at that point, it will be down one st, but it's easy to see which is the st directly above it.
Moving along with the BSJ for BS2:

Looking good!  Colors rock!

That's what I thought when I saw the BSJ in Knit on Pearl in Jackson Wyoming. I think this is the same colorway.

It will be wonderful!

I've been reading the posts from more than three years ago. Has it been that long?

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service