Knitting Community

For those of you who don't know Kate has left Knit Picks and has also
left the Knit Picks community. She will certainly be missed.
Unfortunately when Kate left the community, it deleted any discussions
she had started. This was not her intention. So here is a new "Spinning Chatter"
discussion area. So please leave your comments here. In no
time at all, we will have this discussion filled with tons of
information. So if there is a comment that was discussed before and you
need a refresher please post again and someone will jump in as usual.

Tags: batts, breeds, dyeing, fiber, questions, roving, sheep, spin, wheels, yarn

Views: 4097

Replies to This Discussion

As much knitting as I get done, there is still a ton of stash in my house.  LOl  What a great club indeed!
Do you feel this way?  I look at yarn on line or in a store and it's just like being a kid and getting to buy a candy bar.  All the colors and textures just fill me with joy at the possibility of making things.  I think in all of my life I have only once left a yarn store with nothing.  I just can't help myself.  But, I knit it all up eventually. 

Frances, Exactly the way I feel!  It's like you read my mind. 

We don't have a real LYS in our community, but when I do go to a town that has a LYS, I always buy something!  Sometimes it's only a skein or two, but I always find something. And amazingly, as I'm looking over the yarn in these stores, I can see the project that the yarn should become... the light bulb keeps going on... over and over again.

Yes!  I am exactly that way and like you I know I would need several lifetimes to make all the projects I would like to.  Sometimes I have to tear myself away from a web site or a yarn store.  I can't have it all!  But I sure would like to.  I tell myself that there are much worse things to spend one's money and time on.   I do have to stop buying so many books, but I love to learn new things! 
I have so many knitting/spinning/dyeing books that I doubt I could ever read them all and knit even half of the projects.  But I too like to learn new things, and I've always been told that learning helps to keep you young... well, maybe more enthusiastic than actually young. LOL

Frances, no matter how many lifetimes I live I will never be able to knit my entire stash because I just keep buying more.

Susan, my DH tells me I should open a lending library!

Cheryl, I'm not up to lending library status... but I have quite a few... and will probably get more.  LOL 
He just rolls his eyes anytime a package arrives. He doesn't say anything about them anymore. As if he doesn't spend anything on himself.
I will never be able to use all I have...except as insulation.
Hear, Hear!
ROTFL - Oh Peggy, you have made my day!!!!  You win!
Yes!  I am always surprised that so many people believe that only humans communicate and love or art capable of happiness and sadness. When my mother was little and in school  she said during a lesson that we are animals.  The teacher was very upset and told mom that NO we are not animals.  Mom went home and told her mom what the teacher said.  Grandma's answer was to ask mom," well you aren't a rose are you?"  It was her way of saying to mom that the teacher was a fool.  As Indians we have never thought that we are above all the other creatures God made.

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service