Knitting Community

I love seeing photos of hand dyed yarns, they're always so beautiful in the skein. Show me your yarn! Please!

Views: 8490

Replies to This Discussion

DD had these socks, and I had to take a photo. I really want to make them. I think I can chart it from the close-up! Wouldn't they be great with hand-dyed yarn?

Peggy, Those are beautiful. And yes, they would be great with hand dyed yarn!
I think they are perfect for hand dyed yarns.
I need some of these for work socks! Our uniforms are black pants with white polo's :)
That would really be nice with your work uniform.
Hi Angela,
I love to dye yarn. It usually is my own hand spun that I am doing. I always use Jacquard dyes as they give such a good color, are easy to use and when mixed correctly, will be all taken up by the yarn so that there is no dye left after the skein is taken out. I find I don't have a lot of photos of my yarns, but I will send this one along. It is of an alpaca/merino/mohair blend that I hand painted in three different colorways. I wish I had a better photo then of them drying---guess I will have to learn to document my dyeing sessions from now on.
Cheers!
Attachments:
Wow way to Go Terry & jtrknits :))))) Terry Awesomeee Job on those Socks Gf & jtrKnits Beautiful Colorsss on Your hand Dyed Yarn :))) I'm just chomping Waiting for My New Bare Yarn Assortment to Show Up !!! This WeekEnd the Babes & I are going to Paint Paint Paint !!! Gosh it's Sooo Much FuN You Want to Dye EveryThinG You See ... Keep Up the Good Work girls :))) love love loveeee the Pics !!'
So pretty!
I would Love to see these knitted up! Yummy colors!
Beautiful! Are these from KoolAid or fabric dyes? I could only get very pale shades from my drink mixes.
Terry
Thanks for the tips!
Those look wonderful! Can't wait to try some of this myself. ♥s

RSS

Introducing Galileo!

Dazzling, brilliant colors inspired by the night sky and a sheen that shimmers like the stars.

50% Merino Wool, 50% Bamboo. Sport weight. Just $4.99/50g!

Shop now »

New Chroma Colors!

Choose bright and bold or subtle, gentle waves of color: Chroma is a gorgeously soft wool single-ply with just a dash of nylon.

Just $9.99/100g.

Shop now »

Dreamy Tonal Colors

Gorgeous and surprising colorways to feed your creativity.

Starting at just $6.59/50g.

Shop now »

© 2014   Created by Knit Picks Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service